Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving this thread for when oil goes back up and have some $$

Comment

.my next project is attaching a bow mount....The space on a kayak fills up quick
      Can't wait to see the set up as soon as they stop letting water out of the lake I'm going to give bow fishing a shot out of my big tuna I know a place that's has a poop load of carp never done it but I know it will be a blast. If any one wants to go let me know I'm in the temple area I'll give you a heads up when I plan to head out

Comment

Yak

Love to fish from myh Yak !!

Comment

I made a 50 ft retractable anchor line for my kayak today [emoji16]

I got 550# paracord, 50# braided line, a big needle, a minky retractable clothesline, and some shrink wrap tubing-

Comment

Bear is that Minky thing mounted to the yak? Does it reel in the cord when you pull the anchor in?

Comment

I haven't mounted it yet and may not- but yes, the minky pulls the cord just as quick as I can pull in the anchor-

Stinkin awesome- no more anchor line all over my yak when trying to move spots quickly

Comment

I need fish finder recommendations. Prefer GPS but don't want to break the bank.

Also, looking at destin this summer and not sure in transport and then storage. Condo or hotel leaves me no storage options other than the truck which I am ok with other than not being able to park anywhere with 8 foot of kayak sticking out of the truck bed. Any ideas or tips?

Comment

Went with a Lowrance elite 4 hdi. Gander Mountain had it $100 off. Anyone have great transducer arm ideas?

Comment

Bear where did you find that minky? Did you have to load it with stronger cord for anchoring purposes? Did you ever mount it to your yak? If so do you have pics? Also what about your seat? Don't you have an awesome raised swivel seat of some kind?

Anyone know where you can find a decent dry box or old milk crate?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      Bear where did you find that minky? Did you have to load it with stronger cord for anchoring purposes? Did you ever mount it to your yak? If so do you have pics? Also what about your seat? Don't you have an awesome raised swivel seat of some kind?

This isn't a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post

I have this crate, and I like the extra space. It's still full to the top though

Comment

I made my bow mount...I've since painted it red like the motor mount...I'm gonna try and get out to Granger and test it out here shortly

Comment

Mount looks good Danimal. I love PVC.

I am mounting a rod holder to an area I can't access from underneath. Screws and goop or well nuts?

Comment

For a rod holder use well nuts.... that's what the kayak shop here in Austin uses, I used Jack nuts for my trolling motor mount

Comment

Thanks dan now I have the trolling motor bug:/ if u had to do it again any thing you would do diff? Any thing to look out for basically looking for pointers. Think I'm going to try n find a used troll motor do they kind of run forever or is it one of those things you should just get it new?

Comment

Working...
                                X