No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting closer to mounting a trolling motor on my yak....picked this up today.....

just need to think of mounting options.
    I'm thinking side mount using rod holders in back with steel pipe connecting across but the rod holders I have are not recessed like the ones normally used..

Comment

Thinking of slipping 2" pipe over rod holder shafts and running a bolt through to secure then 90 them to the side....just not sure if these holder bases are secure enough

Comment

Yea just rivets holding it have you considered 2 recessed rod holders on on each side? Then you you fab some aluminum bracket of some sort

Comment

Comment

I abandoned the surface mount rod holders as mount because they're no recessed like most fishing yaks....

Comment

I'm going to use jack nuts for attachment on the aluminum angle and I have foam pad underneath the angle as buffer and keeping flush help ...will put Marine Group on either side of pad for a barrier.

Comment

Just filled out registration paper work...just waiting for jack nuts to arrive monday then start drilling holes in the yak haha

Comment

What are some kayak accessories to consider?

About to pull the trigger on my first yak. I've got paddle, a wheel cart, but wondering what else I might want.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

About to pull the trigger on my first yak. I've got paddle, a wheel cart, but wondering what else I might want.
                    I would start with rod holders, masthead light for night, anchor....there's other things through this thread.
                    And a trolling motor haha.....

Comment

I got my mount attached and registration complete for my trolling motor attachment. ..

Comment

Life vest, dry box,anchor trolley and a old broom handle for a push pole or just to anchor you the rest you will figure out as you go don't wast a hole bunch of green on some thing you will not use
                        Nice work danimal

Comment

Thanks jaycar....I took it out today and top speed was 4mph...was hoping for more but still awesome. ..A spot that took me 40 min to get to paddling took me 30...The mount held up nice even after hitting a stump

Comment

Here's my Kayak. My will run 4 mph also. Sure makes it nice to have a trolling motor when you have a bad shoulder. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447023688894.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	24415104

Comment

That's nice...my next project is attaching a bow mount....The space on a kayak fills up quick

Comment

It sure does. I have a 39# thrust on it now but I just chopped another one that is 59# thrust 3 blade but I'll have to start off slow so I don't rip the end of the kayak off lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X