No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind posting how much that is with seat?

Comment

Bear I really like your setup. Did you say that was 11.5 ft. long? Did the seat come with the yak? Do you mind saying approximately what that ride cost? PM if you want.

How do you think she would handle on a class II or III river? Is is worthwhile to go all the way to Austin to buy a new yak?

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post

I'm "hooked"
        Just over 70pounds .... Has a wheel in the keel that aids in rolling right up to my truck where I just lift and go all by myself. Loads easy--- the boat is the feelfree lure 11.5 in sun camo .... The seat has 10" height and 1" adjustments all the way down to 0.... Not the fastest boat out there but with a 36" width it's easy to stand and fish and even turn around. With the rudder it tracks well. Lots of storage, plenty of room, ---- really really really enjoy this boat and have fished all day in the one I had replaced because a crack in the stern due to a rough transport by Estes express ---

The chair is incredibly comfortable --- now I just got to name her any ideas???
        "O-Fish-Ally Hooked"
        "SloMoShun"

Comment

$1149 for the whole rig but when you but a package deal you get %15 off and free shipping to my door ....

Class 2&3 .... I would try.... I have been on decent size swells (3ft ish) when a storm front was rolling in and only water coming in was from my paddle as I was hurrying to get to shore

And yes it's 11.5 but they also offer a 13.5

Comment

806---three twothree twenty one three two.... Yall can text more questions if you want ... If yall were closer" feelfree" to come test it out

Comment

Thanks so much for the good info Bear. That boat seat is really sweet. My poor old hurt back would probably enjoy sitting on something like that way better than those little bitty ones they usually put on kayaks. Sounds like a reasonable price for a nice rig like yours.

Comment

My replacement yak showed up and I spent yesterday rigging it up a bit... Installed a few loops, tie down cleat, and installed my fish finder and transducer --- well, and threw a few stickers on it.... Can't wait to try her out
                Your boat looks great, congrats Bear.
                No help on a name.
                But I'm game for a coast run and we can get fish slime all over it.

Comment

names
                  old yeller or BAMF

Comment

Reckon it works . Maiden voyage complete along with the first fish

Comment

I like your yak.

Glad you had a successful maiden voyage!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Need some fish finder transducer ideas... I mounted my lowrance elite 4x transducer to the hull because I like how everything is out of the way. It worked well the first time out but this evening it continued to register 60ft no matter what I did --- I used the marine goop and a transducer pad to hold it to the hull---

Comment

Would one of these work?

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...cer-Mount.html

If it wont, there are a bunch of YouTube videos.

Comment

Finally put few fish in my lure this morning fishing Lady bird lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X