No announcement yet.

BIG Northern Bobcat doing work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another link, but with the story. The pics are from Nevada, and they say it's a bobcat.

It’s rare to see nature’s harsh predator-and-prey relationship play out in front of your own eyes, but that’s exactly what happened on a paved road in Nevada recently. Thanks to the quick photography actions of an onlooker, we get a glimpse at these stunning images. No, it’s not a whitetail, but we thought this Facebook […]

Comment

I saw one unsuccessfully stalk two full grown doe's in a wheat field once. Also shot a spike once, and gave it a little while to die, 5 minues later I see this bobcat run from downwind towards my deer. Didn't really think much of it. I got down a few minutes later and snuck towards the direction of the deer and there was this little drainage ditch and I see the spikes head pop up, and then flop down! So at this point I'm thinking the dang deer is still alive, I'm like 6 yards away so I nock an arrow, and the deers head pops up again, but I can see the bobcats with it mouth on the deers throat this time. It was trying it's darndest to drag that deer off, I tried to get a shot off but the cat must of smelled me and took off. Pretty cool thing to see in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
        Here's a link with another picture of the ordeal. Big kitty!

https://retrieverman.net/2011/11/29/...lls-mule-deer/
        Thanks.
        Some killing machines when they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          I saw one unsuccessfully stalk two full grown doe's in a wheat field once. Also shot a spike once, and gave it a little while to die, 5 minues later I see this bobcat run from downwind towards my deer. Didn't really think much of it. I got down a few minutes later and snuck towards the direction of the deer and there was this little drainage ditch and I see the spikes head pop up, and then flop down! So at this point I'm thinking the dang deer is still alive, I'm like 6 yards away so I nock an arrow, and the deers head pops up again, but I can see the bobcats with it mouth on the deers throat this time. It was trying it's darndest to drag that deer off, I tried to get a shot off but the cat must of smelled me and took off. Pretty cool thing to see in the woods.
          My then 14 year old son gut shot a small hill country doe one very cold December evening. Bad hit.. We went to recover the deer around 11 at night. We found her quickly, her throat was ripped out and there was the biggest Tom bobcat that I have ever seen straddling the doe..He was HUGE and He would not leave.. We threw rocks at it and it finally reluctantly left. I couldn't believe how much meat he had already eaten.. It's was incredible.

Comment

Working...
          X