No announcement yet.

Blood Trail Workshop & Field Day ~ Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're getting close and my list for the blood trail workshop is getting long.

If you are planning on attending, and haven't done so already, please send an email to nationallacydog@gmail.com with your name and # of dogs you are bringing. An accurate count lets us know how many trails to prepare.
    Thanks so much!

Working Dog Field Day Schedule of Events

9:00 am – 9:30 am: Coffee & Registration
    9:30 am – 12:30 pm: Blood trailing workshop
    Part 1. 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Starting a Tracking Prospect
    Part 2. 10:30 am – 11:00 am: Collar Clinic
    Part 3. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Trail Work
    12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch & Rattlesnake Avoidance (walk up)
    1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Retriever Demo
    2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: K9 Nose Work Demo
    3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Barn Hunt
    4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Raffle drawing / Silent Auction and Social
    Hog Bay Pen – All Day

WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING

Crate *Well behaved dogs are allowed in the pavilion. No dogs in the fish pond, please.
    Collar or harness
    Leash - At least 6-foot. We will have lines for you to borrow while running your dog
    Hungry & Motivated Dog - Please either don’t feed your dog before the class, or feed a reduced meal so that your dog is hungry and motivated
    Your dog's favorite toys and treats

If you have attended one of our workshops in the past and just want to run practice trails with your dog, you do not need to participate in the seminar. A helper will be available to show you the start of each trail. There will be several mock trails of varying difficulty for dogs to run. Due to limited space and TBT testing, there will be no practice trails over 200 yards.

Fund Raiser: The NLDA will be raffling off several items including a 45 quart Yeti, Garmin Delta Sport training collar, custom STIC knife (compliments of Sticshooter!!) and Mud River dog gear.

Silent auction items will include a framed hog dog painting and a Garmin GPS Collar Bundle (yipee!!!)

If you are planning to do rattlesnake avoidance, it is strongly recommended that you wait until you have finished all blood trails.

This year's T-shirt design is off the chain (compliments of TBH's very own Larry )

Click image for larger version

Name:	tshirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	24371807

Comment

courtney is my dog to young to do the test runs? shes 13 weeks old, got her on her first trail this morning and she did awesome. so i was curious

Comment

Do you mean the TBT test? The TBT level 1 is 400 yards. If your pup has never attempted a trail that long I would wait until she has a little practice and experience under her belt.
        Also, I think all of Paul's available time slots are booked.

Comment

I'm in for 1 dog. Just wanted to make sure I was in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            Do you mean the TBT test? The TBT level 1 is 400 yards. If your pup has never attempted a trail that long I would wait until she has a little practice and experience under her belt.
            Also, I think all of Paul's available time slots are booked.
            okay she just did her first run today, did awesome but not no 400 yrds lol.
            what all can i put her in though?

Comment

What is the price for TBT testing. I see a price for the workshop.

Also you have a PM

Comment

The list for TBT tracking tests has been full for several weeks. Filled up fast! I think Paul has a waiting list.
                TBT Tracking Test Registration Fees: TBT 1 $50, TBT 2 $75, TBT 3 $100.

Comment

What is the workshop going to consist of? Not sure wether to come or not. Diamond is 3 and has several recoveries over 3/4 mile. Want to come, just not sure.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Big thanks to Courtney & Rod for all the work they did putting this event on. Also thanks to Amber & DJ Middleton as well (not sure if they're on TBH). All of them put in lots of work to make this a big success. Had a great turnout. Got to meet TUCO and his chair destroyer catahoula dog. Hope he post some of the numerous pics he took. I know there are some dogs and owners that are a lot better off today after attending.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                        Big thanks to Courtney & Rod for all the work they did putting this event on. Also thanks to Amber & DJ Middleton as well (not sure if they're on TBH). All of them put in lots of work to make this a big success. Had a great turnout. Got to meet TUCO and his chair destroyer catahoula dog. Hope he post some of the numerous pics he took. I know there are some dogs and owners that are a lot better off today after attending.

Rod's koozie sure makes that photo sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Rod's koozie sure makes that photo sexy.
                          respresentin'!

Had a great time this weekend with a bunch of TBH and dog folks - my kind of weekend! This was our biggest and most succesful event ever thanks to all of you who showed up and pitched in to help.

We worked Friday, Saturday and today, and did some low key partying at the ranchito in the evenings. The weather cooperated and we ended up with a great turnout.

I'm going to try not to forget anyone, but I'm still sleep deprived.....

camo cowboy came for the tracking event
                          Brock (grayson) was also there with his awesome hound
                          Thanks to Steve (shark79) for outbidding me on the Stic knife
                          James (tuco) for being just an all around huge help and photographer this weekend
                          Wes Mundy of Double Diamond outfitters, who kept us well fed all weekend,
                          our great friends Karen and Jeff who drove nine hours (one way) for the weekend
                          Amber and DJ, who brought my best friend Eli,
                          Shane and Lauri Lowry, hog wranglers extraordinaire,
                          David Jones, who brought his dogs for the retreiver demo,
                          Ryan Stroh, another professional hog wrangler and as solid of a dude as you will ever meet,
                          Fred Reyna, who dragged his wife and newborn along to take care of the rattlesnake class,
                          Paul (k9trainer) for making the solo drive down and running the TBT tracking certifications,
                          Vol Montgomery at Reveille Peak Ranch for his never-ending support of our little group.

and of course Courtney, who makes it all happen, puts up with the late nights and early mornings, and makes me look good at the same time

Comment

WORKING DOG FIELD DAY 2015 – Burnet TX.

[ATTACH]706813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]706822[/ATTACH]