No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As i sit here and inhale my 100 calorie lunch only to be hungry in about 20 minutes, I too would like to visit LJS for a colon cleanse. About once every 2 years but now it will be my next cheat day haha.

I used to sneak to the local weinerschnitzel but none around me anymore here in Keller

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
      WTH is that??? ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jcbryson82 View Post
        WTH is that??? ^^^
        Don't know but I ate it

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
          Maybe only eat 2-3 pieces and you can avoid prairie dogging it on the way home.
          I feel like if I did this, I'd be inclined to eat there more often, which wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
            But it goes hard while I'm eating it.

In for TBH quote of the month

Comment

iI worked at an LJS's when I was younger.. the early 80's. I lasted for 2 weeks. Couldnt live with myself, feeding that crap to people. The regulars would always say, dont worry they cant tell once you fry it....

Comment

I used to eat there until I read an article that ranked the fast food chains from healthiest to least healthy and found LJS's to be on the bottom of the list!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  Whataburger and Chickfila are the only fast food joints for me
                  Chickfila make me want to gargle my mouth with gas and eat a live ember sheet is nasty, Whataburger has gone down hill big time too.

Comment

Yep... The Malt Vinegar makes it!

Comment

Love their chicken not a fan of their fish....

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        I used to eat there until I read an article that ranked the fast food chains from healthiest to least healthy and found LJS's to be on the bottom of the list!!!
                        Ranked middle of the pack in grossness scale lol

Comment

I stopped eating there because over the years their prices went up and the portion sizes went down, doesn't seem like I'm getting my money's worth out of their meals.

Comment

Originally posted by rjs68 View Post
                            I used to hit the one near my house about twice a year as well , I thought I was the only one to suffer from the LJS craving, it was a LJS/KFC combo , the food was always cold and the order messed up. Luckily it closed and is now a matress store. I thought the only good fast food fish place was Capt.D's, but I have'nt seen one in years, we used to visit the one at Little York@45.
                            I worked at Capt. D's back in High School. When I got home, my mother would make me strip down to my underwear before I went inside. My clothes would stink so bad, she didnt want them inside. I ate their food then and I still love it now.
                            There are a few left. I know of one in Alvin and Baytown still has one.

Comment

Haven't been in one in probably a dozen years, and I can still taste it.

If I'm craved fried greasy goodness...I can make myself sick on Grandys fried chicken and rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                                Love their chicken not a fan of their fish....

This. Usually get a family order of chicken planks and hush puppies. The kids and I can grub on that for two days. I don't like any kind of fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X