Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the same way with Taco Bell. Despite the 100% predictable outcome of feeling sick to my stomach and disgusted with myself for putting whatever the hell that crap is in my body, about twice a year I just have to remind myself why I don't eat there.

Insanity, doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.

Comment

Love me some LJS's! It doesn't bother me a bit and I can wear that stuff out! Ya'll sure got some weak stomach's.

Comment

LJS = gross greasy fried cod.

I'll pass.

Comment

I rarely eat at LJS, and there is a LJS/Taco Bell combo just 2 blocks from my house. When I do, I make a stack of about 10 napkins on the table, put the fish on them, then put about 10 more napkins on top. I press down and squeeze all the grease I can out of the fish before eating it. The grease that comes out will soak through all the napkins. That helps with the slime left in your mouth. I also only eat there a couple of time a year.

Comment

Be sure to ask for extra crunchies!

Comment

Whataburger and Chickfila are the only fast food joints for me

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Love me some LJS's! It doesn't bother me a bit and I can wear that stuff out! Ya'll sure got some weak stomach's.
                ^^^I feel the same way. That said, I only eat there once a year. The hush puppies are awesome.

Comment

Be sure to ask for extra crunchies!
                  Yep!
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Ah, the ignorance of youth! Just drive by, and keep on driving - if you want to live to be an old man!

Comment

Used to be a LJS on Villa Maria in Bryan that I went to weekly back during college. That was 35 years ago and I don't remember eating at one since. This got me to thinking about trying it again. And if you went thru the drive-thru they always forgot to give you cole slaw.
                      Last edited by shark79; 02-19-2015, 09:16 AM. Reason: +

Comment

X2

I eat the fish and chicken dinner with extra crunchies. If you let the crunchies get cold and eat them you will get that greasy funk in your mouth. I eat the coleslaw and love it. It has never made me sick but I do try to avoid it because all of the grease.

Comment

I go there just to order a large side of hush puppies! Nothing else then take them home mix some ketchup and tabasco!

Comment

Love the hushpuppies!!!

Comment

That long john silvers chicken, or whatever it is, is great. I can tear that stuff up. Then it hits me a few hours later. Then about 6 months later I'll do it all over again. Too good to not have at least a couple times a year.

Comment

I love the chicken and crunchys but only eat there maybe once a year. When I do I make it count though!

Comment

Working...
                                X