Mexico 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
    Just roll on down in September and get ya an old Mexico monsta while still in velvet lol
    that is actually possible. I have a customer that wants a Mexico deer in velvet. I was told it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
      that is actually possible. I have a customer that wants a Mexico deer in velvet. I was told it can be done.

Shut tha front door!!!!
      Would be cool fo sho

Comment

Anything is possible if you put your mind and a couple cases of beer into it!

Comment

Yeah I was told it was legal to shoot a bear in mexico a few times too

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
            Yeah I was told it was legal to shoot a bear in mexico a few times too

What is the stance on bears/mountain lions?

Comment

Mountain Lions are Legal in Most States. Bears Will get you Put is Jail in Every State

Comment

Mountain Lions are Legal in Most States. Bears Will get you Put is Jail in Every State
                NOTED! Bears no Bueno. Do you have to get a tag to get a lion across?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  NOTED! Bears no Bueno. Do you have to get a tag to get a lion across?

They don't have tags for them either. But you can shoot them! Just can't bring them across.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                    They don't have tags for them either. But you can shoot them! Just can't bring them across.
                    Dam!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                      Who Told You That? Was always told you could Get Tags

Comment

Who Told You That? Was always told you could Get Tags

Emberto our old outfitter in Piedras

Comment

Tags can only, and will only, be issued if the mountain lion is causing problems with livestock. Contrary to popular belief you can't just shoot mountain lions. Penalties are not as strict as those for bears, but officially they are listed as an endangered species along with jaguars and bears. Therefore there is only legal harvest, and issuance of tags, when you can prove to the government that lions are directly affecting your livestock. Even with a tag, which I've only ever heard of 2 people getting, it's nearly impossible to cross into the US as per US restrictions. Shooting a lion and transporting without a tag will DEFINITELY land you in seriously hot water. We harvested one and caped it out many years ago and tried in vain to get a tag for a long time. Taxidermists wouldn't even consider mounting it without a tag for the trouble they can get in.

Comment

What about "protecting" yourself?

Comment

Speaking of bears, I was in the Burro Mountains south east of Big Bend and the bears were so plentiful that they were almost a common every day occurrence. They chewed holes in the PVC water lines about as fast as you could repair them.

I recall one night that the cowboy woke me up and asked if I wanted to come see the bear. As it turned out there was a bear in the corral with the horses, I would have thought that the horses would have gone bananas but they simply moved out of the way of the bear. I shined a flashlight at the bear and it just moved away and exited the corral.

There certainly seemed to be enough of them in that area that a season or limited take could be authorized. As it was then, small airplanes and illegal hunting was the norm for the gringo that really wanted a bear.

There truly is nothing like Mexico when it comes to the unusual being usual.

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                                Speaking of bears, I was in the Burro Mountains south east of Big Bend and the bears were so plentiful that they were almost a common every day occurrence. They chewed holes in the PVC water lines about as fast as you could repair them.

I recall one night that the cowboy woke me up and asked if I wanted to come see the bear. As it turned out there was a bear in the corral with the horses, I would have thought that the horses would have gone bananas but they simply moved out of the way of the bear. I shined a flashlight at the bear and it just moved away and exited the corral.

There certainly seemed to be enough of them in that area that a season or limited take could be authorized. As it was then, small airplanes and illegal hunting was the norm for the gringo that really wanted a bear.

There truly is nothing like Mexico when it comes to the unusual being usual.

No doubt!!

Comment

Working...
                                X