Lots of rain this week!
      Great news.Hope everyone gets a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Lots of rain this week!
        Hope so!

Comment

Mexico 2015-2016

2005 was my first experience with Old Mexico. I met a ranch owner from Nueva Rosita, Coah. Buying some Black Angus bulls from a friend of mine. We started talking about his ranch and about deer hunting and he invited us down to hunt. It was already into January so myself and a couple of friends loaded up and went. It was without a doubt the most adventurous trip I had ever been on. This rancher had never had any American hunters nor had they ever tried feeding the deer. These deer had never seen corn, I could not believe it. We poured it out and they would walk right past it. The ranch owner kept telling us "hunt over water" and we would not listen. We knew deer loved corn. It was not until day 4 of a 6 day hunt we were driving around the ranch and as we were crossing a tank dam, there stood a big mature buck getting a drink. Needless to say we all found a water hole to hunt the next couple of days. My lifelong hunting buddy Don Massey sat on that pond the next morning and killed that same buck. He scored 158" and had a couple of inches broken off of a brow tine.
          This ranch had never had a feeding program or any real management to speak of when it comes to the deer. It does have some good genetics because in past years when the family hunted it, it produced some really great bucks.

I was addicted to Mexico from that moment on and I still am. I have several friends that had been hunting Mexico for several years before me and the following year I was able to join their group on a ranch they had been hunting on. I never lost track with the ranch owner though. We still talk very often and keep in touch.

Since 2005, the owner has set up 7 blinds and 7 or 8 feeders.

He would like to have 5 hunters this year if anyone knows of a small group that is looking for a ranch. House is the best I have ever stayed in in Mexico. Landowners are phenomenal, deer numbers are lower but quality is there. Well watered ranch with huge potential. 20,000 acres 5 trophy bucks, $12,500 and that includes your deer tags.

PM me if you have any more questions and I will put you directly in touch with the owner. He speaks perfect English and is an Aggie.

Last edited by TLM1972; 05-11-2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

$12,500 per gun?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
              $12,500 per gun?
              I would think for the group

Comment

Mexico 2015-2016

Sorry that was not clear. $12,500 For the entire ranch. Comes with 5 tags or $2,500 per gun.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal Trennon. I have hunted the area for many years in the past. There is great potential there.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Where exactly is the place Trennon? Any house pics? Brush pics?

Comment

Mexico 2015-2016

Thats about as good as I could do on my phone. It boarders the Sabinas River that has the clearest water I have ever seen. Also has a large irrigated field near the river. They also plant a nice oat field in the center of the ranch every year.

I have some house pics in my computer. Let me see what I can locate.

Comment

I guess I didnt have many pics of the house. Its a very large 3,000 sq ft or so, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, big living room with fireplace stone patio all the way around. They had a diesel Generator when I was there but are bringing electricity in now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Past 2nd check point?

Comment

Brush

This is about all I had of any brush.

The best I remember, the North part of the ranch was good soil and had a lot of mesquite and thick brush while the southern portion was more rocky and short brush. It seemed like we saw deer in all of it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                                Past 2nd check point?
                                It is past the checkpoint, however the checkpoint is not in use anymore so its really not a big deal anymore.

We hunt beyond the checkpoint now and its never an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X