17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    Did you really just compare the Ferguson shoot to this one? That is why we have issues now. Each case is different and requires a different approach.
    Yes I did. And your right this is why we have issues. And every case is different But they both have one common. They both moved toward a cop in an aggressive manor and they both died.

So no matter what you think or how horrible I am. This is what the world has come to.

I do not know all the details of what happen. And I don't care. In the end she made the mistake of moving in an agresive manor with a knife and she died.

If the cop was in the wrong then all she had to do was do what was told. Then legally do something.

I would bet. If a female with a knife came at you. You would have shot to
    Last edited by enewman; 01-29-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Just my opinion :

I dont agree with "she got what was coming to her" and "she deserved it". The situation is tragic on more than one front. Ask the officer and Im sure he would have rather been sued for a broken arm rather than doing what he did.

She was not right by any means in attacking with a knife. Her actions are inexcusable. That being said, if the officer detains her on the ground and keeps her there, the situation ends without a death.

Comment

Yes, I have issue as I saw no aggression from her.
        neve cease to amaze me!

So charging an LEO with a knife is no aggression from her?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Yes I did. And your right this is why we have issues. And every case is different But they both have one common. They both moved toward a cop in an aggressive manor and they both died.

So no matter what you think or how horrible I am. This is what the world has come to.

I do not know all the details of what happen. And I don't care. In the end she made the mistake of moving in an agresive manor with a knife and she died.

If the cop was in the wrong then all she had to do was do what was told. Then legally do something.

I would bet. If a female with a knife came at you. You would have shot to
          If I had the upper hand and was going to arrest her I would never have let her go. You are part of a group of shoot first on here. I get that. I also believe if you run from, resist, or attempt to assault an officer then you get what you get. I did not see the officer as never in control. He lacked the one intangible that cost her life and marked his career.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
            I'm not going to get into the arguments here but I will speak to the Taser question. Those things only function properly about 70% of the time and that's on a good day. Even Taser International admits to a high failure rate.
            Dang, never knew this. If it only works 70% of the time seems like huge liability and waste of time.

Comment

I appreciate all the work that law enforcement does on a daily basis. Their job was already hard enough without all the stuff that has been happening lately. I know I couldn't do what they do. This world is becoming more violent by the day and it seems that the inmates are starting to run the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                From the video, one thing I don't understand is why it took that big cop so long to get her to the ground, I mean he was on her, then she was slammed to the ground and was not moving for a good amount of time. It's like they waited for her to get back up. Idk though. I was not there. Just going by what I can see in the video.
                My only question is why didn't the first officer put her in handcuffs during the few minutes he struggled with her on the chairs and floor before other officers arrived? I'm not questioning them shooting her as it was clearly self-defense but had she been placed in cuffs earlier during the altercation, she wouldn't have had a way to get to the knife.

Comment

I can't see crap on the video, but I'm betting the taser had a lot to do with him getting off of her and not handcuffing. Taser is a good way to get killed (reaching for it when you should reach for your gun). I understand the need for intermediate steps in the use of force ladder, but when you hesitate trying to decide between pepper spray, baton, taser, you can find yourself ventilated by lead projectiles or knife blades.

Comment

If I had the upper hand and was going to arrest her I would never have let her go. You are part of a group of shoot first on here. I get that. I also believe if you run from, resist, or attempt to assault an officer then you get what you get. I did not see the officer as never in control. He lacked the one intangible that cost her life and marked his career.
                    Im part of a group that shoots first. Haha that's funny.

I have been in them situations. And there still alive. So don't put me there

The cop made a mistake and let her up. I totally agree. But it's not the cops fault he had to shoot. That is all on her. All she had to do was shut up and do what was told.

The whole thing went bad. My main point is how we look at men different then women in things like this. Here in Odessa in the 70's. The meanest person listed was a woman. Not a man. So women can be just as aggressive. And people look at women as meek and make mistakes just like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      neve cease to amaze me!

So charging an LEO with a knife is no aggression from her?
                      Never saw her charge. I did see the officer gain control, let go of control, body slam girl and gain control again. I wasn't there and can only go off of what I saw on the video. Those who are offended by my opinion are giving way more credit to it than what it is, just ones opinion.

Comment

Young females can be very persuasive I would bet she was crying and saying he was hurting her. She probably begged and pleaded to be let up and she would quit. Asking for help because she was ?????????? . The officer may have a daughter of his own and let his emotions get in the way. Thus letting her up and she then continued her attack which he was forced to end. Who really knows just a guess on my part of what might have happened.

Comment

Real easy to arm chair quarterback after the fact. And you guys are the best I've ever seen.

Pull a knife on any armed individual and you probably lose.

Comment

i WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF you react in real time to a similar situation. Not a make beleave or what if. Anyone can second guess a situation. I have been there and done that. Had a mental subject with a knife show up at the office. I gets real real fast.
                            Prayers up for the officers and parents.

Comment

Yes, I question the officers tactics and decisions before the knife came out. But once she pulled the knife the dye was cast. I've got some scars from dealing with grown men with knives when I was unarmed. He probably could have taken her down another way but she claimed to have a gun and for sure had a knife. Like said previously, likely suicide by police officer. Unfortunate they have to live with this. I'm sure that's not what they would have preferred.

Comment

Never saw her charge. I did see the officer gain control, let go of control, body slam girl and gain control again. I wasn't there and can only go off of what I saw on the video. Those who are offended by my opinion are giving way more credit to it than what it is, just ones opinion.
                                Then you didn't see the entire video.

Comment

Working...
                                X