No announcement yet.

Live hunt James Daughtrey WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed it but what are the requirements a buck has to meet to be shot here?

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
      I may have missed it but what are the requirements a buck has to meet to be shot here?
      when we hunted there for the archery hunt last week.....I think this was basically the rules....

8 points had to be outside the ears. (I'm calling that 14 inches)

7 point or less had to be as wide as the ears (again, 12 inches approx.)

they want you to shoot older deer.

but you can shoot spikes.

Comment

Sounds like your having one hell of a time!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt. Good luck, and i hope you knock one down

Comment

I skipped over the tripod and I'm heading back to the spot I saw the 11 point

They should be coming out too feed soon soo I want to stay in the same spot till dark

Atfulldraw is correct on the requirements

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

They should be coming out too feed soon soo I want to stay in the same spot till dark

Sounds like a good plan. I know on these types of hunts you can catch yourself coming and going. Get there and enjoy the afternoon. If the 11 comes back out, is he toast??

Comment

Did you not have a head on photo of the 11?

Hang in there for something bigger or older.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Sounds like a good plan. I know on these types of hunts you can catch yourself coming and going. Get there and enjoy the afternoon. If the 11 comes back out, is he toast??
                    I havent a clue what "catch yourself coming and going" means... but I hope he smashes that 11 or greater!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                      I havent a clue what "catch yourself coming and going" means... but I hope he smashes that 11 or greater!!!!
                      It means as soon as he gets set up one place it is time to go check his other spot. Good to decide on a place for a little while and just see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

And if you see the 11 again...?

Comment

Man, this is one of the best live hunt threads I have read. Great job 150!! Thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                            Man, this is one of the best live hunt threads I have read. Great job 150!! Thanks for taking us along!

X2 has me thinking any minute something could happen

Comment

Last edited by 150class; 01-14-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                If he gets me excited before I realize who it is when he initally walks out then yes sir!

Originally posted by 15ncs View Post
                                Did you not have a head on photo of the 11?

Hang in there for something bigger or older.

Unfortunately not

Well I haven't seen anything and was absolutely freezing as I think the rain finally got through my jacket so I went back to the truck to heat up and grab my mr heater.

Don't have service in the blind as yall can tell and I have no idea how that double posted a hour later (speaking of post above)

Wind isn't ideal but will have to do.

Hoping the next 2.5 hrs is as eventful as the rest of the hunt has been!

I'll be checking back in around 6-615

Comment

Working...
                                X