Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2015 Hagerman Hog Hunt Seg B check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Probably be antlerless by the time we get there

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    No doubt he'll be smooth.

Turns out that not all of the bucks have shed their headgear after all. One of the rangers said that they have held onto the horns much later this year for some reason. Ran across a shotgun hunter yesterday on the North side of Big Mineral who spotted a buck that would go 125". Paradise Cove is a sweet place. It was Flufster, me and one other camper there until yesterday evening. Like Leon said, there are deer all over that place.

I found zero sheds while out this weekend. Was looking for dark blobs moving amongst the cedars but was pretty confident that I'd find a shed or two. (Find not Take).

Good luck to the Seg-B crowd!

Comment

For all of you gearing up for Segment-B, here's the trailer to my Segment-A hunt video to help wet your whistle.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Need to scout this weekend. Probably tomorrow morning.

Comment

Looks like it may be a wet weekend! Saturday may be the only good day with a lower chance of rain. Hope we can get into some hogs. We plan to use bow and shotgun and still hunt, not messing w stands. If need be will make ground blind etc. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

son scouted thursday and seen plenty of fresh movements.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                Looks like it may be a wet weekend! Saturday may be the only good day with a lower chance of rain. Hope we can get into some hogs. We plan to use bow and shotgun and still hunt, not messing w stands. If need be will make ground blind etc. Good luck to everyone.
                I saw more hogs last year in the rain than I did on the nicer days. Did some scouting today and have my plan in place.

Comment

Will check Harris on Thursday morning. Will be still hunting as I did last year.

Question? Can we also hunt with shotgun/muzzle loader, If one was to put up the bow?

Comment

You can use either in the proper units, i think 2 are bow only and other 3 are either weapon.

Comment

I am ready to spot and stalk.

Comment

Headed up in the morning

Looks like it is going to be wet

I am taking my bow and a shotgun, nobody else in my group can hunt with a bow so I will probably stick to the either areas rather than bow only but you never know

Comment

Be safe coming up here.

Comment

I'll be up there with BT tomorrow. I am ready. Got my rain suit and rubber boots packed!

Comment

getting ready for this hunt.

Comment

I'll be there. Anyone think it's not gonna rain????

Comment

Working...
                                X