No announcement yet.

2015 Hagerman Hog Hunt Seg B check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pig. Wouldn't want to drag that guy out.

Comment

That is a nice one 315

Little recap on our hunt

4 of us hunted hard from Friday morning through this morning. We saw a ton of turkeys and deer. Saw one light colored fawn with spots that I would have swore was a spotted fallow until it turned and threw it's tail up and was clearly a whitetail.
      Bumped a black hog Saturday morning and saw about 5 or 6 that afternoon and that was the only hogs we saw while hunting. We saw lots of old sign but just never figured out where they were at. It was our first time at H and we had a good time.
      We saw 4 large black hogs right in front of the visitor's center Friday night, they looked like 4 black angus calves. Last night we were headed to check out and saw a monster black hog in the green field on the south end of Harris, there were a few more with it a ways off.
      I was the only one in our group that had my bowhunter ed so I eneded up hunting with the others with my gun. Next round they will have their cert and we will all hunt with our bows
      We stayed at Paradise Cove on Texoma. We camped in our pop up. The facilities are outdated but it was close.

We spent some time talking to Kathy Whaley Thursday, if you get a chance to talk to her she is full of info about H and very nice

Congrats to all who got a pig (or 9), we considered our hunt a success even though we didn't spill any blood

Comment

Had a blast with a great buddy! Corn Sack and I put in lots of miles and finally got into some hogs Saturday afternoon. We were both able to get a hog down with our bows to cap off a great hunt.

It was a wet and sloppy time for sure and I found out that my rubber boats are no longer water proof so its time for some new ones.

It was overall slow for us and I was surprised we did not get into or see more hogs, I'm thinking with the creeks plum full plus all the hunters in the woods the last few weeks has got them really spread out.

Comment

I am taking my BassPro snakes boots back because they leaked.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            I am taking my BassPro snakes boots back because they leaked.
            Yeah, I always had that problem with BPS snake boots. I actually wore a pair of zip up Game Winners yesterday and didn't have a problem.

Comment

Got lucky and was able to put a stalk on a couple of sows. My two buddies were also stalking them but I got the first shot off.........sorry Mark and Chris. Oh, and don't be impressed with the arrow. That's a 10 yard follow up shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

congrats todd...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                  Got lucky and was able to put a stalk on a couple of sows. My two buddies were also stalking them but I got the first shot off.........sorry Mark and Chris. Oh, and don't be impressed with the arrow. That's a 10 yard follow up shot.

Nice job. Nice to meet you as well.

Comment

Congrats Todd, Pope and all that harvested... Pope that pig is a beast, now! Was good to meet several green screen folks. Hopefully we can do it again next year. Had a good stalk on Saturday, probably 150yds., but I believe the wind gave me up. I flung an arra at one of the running boars, 45yds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                      Good to meet ya, Todd

Comment

It was an awesome weekend lots of miles under the belt. It's ridiculous how much weight can be added from mud sticking on my boots. CodeBlue put a nice stalk and shot on this sow at 40 yards. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427126609.756392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	24371367

And while it looks like PopesndYoung315 got the biggest hog of the weekend I'm gonna go ahead and award myself the smallest hog award!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427126707.501695.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	24371368

Comment

congrats codeblue and cornsack (for that monster )

Comment

Congrats on the pork

Anybody see any sheds?

Dad found one and took a pic with his phone. Me and C6D found a skull of a 3pt that was from this year

Comment

CodeBlue and I found half a dozen or so but they were all at least last years sheds

Comment

Cornsack that's awesome! Good job guys

Comment

Working...
                                X