Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best IR illuminator???

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    We (Sniper Hog Lights) have a new IR LED module coming out in about 3 weeks that can be used in any of our 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights. This IR LED is the newest and brightest IR LED on the market and I can tell you from testing it out that it will shine incredible distances in all three lights. Took it out the other night with a Gen 3 scope and we could see deer at 1700 yards with our 66LR light and could have seen further if we had the area to do it. Of course your going to be able to see much further with a Gen 3 scope then the sightmark photon. The only thing I have that is close to a Gen 1 NV is my old sony video camera that picks up IR. I know it's not as good as the Sighmark photon but I could get decent video out to about 200 yards with it with our IR LED. I guarantee that our 66LR or 50LR with the IR module in it will put out more IR light and shine further then Unv20 or your money back. All three of our lights above have a focusable beam. Also, At about the same time our IR LED module comes out we will have a full dimmer switch for all our lights also so you have complete control of brightness. This is a big plus because if you have used real powerful IR lights before with NV you understand how it can be too bright at times and give a washed out look. With the dimmer switch you be able to set the power of the light just right to get the clearest view possible.
    Just to give you a Idea on power, the Unv20 uses 1050mW IR LED and ours is 1300mW and when you add our lenses to that LED you get a much brighter and further shining light then the Unv20.
    I see the UNV20 is $184.95 at Outdoor legacy gear with batteries and charger. Our 50LR with the IR LED, batteries, charger and dimmer switch will be around $139.00 and with the 10% off we give to TBH members that comes to about $125.00. That means it's about $60.00 cheaper and you get a light that puts out more IR light and shines further with a lifetime warranty.
    By the way, the torch pro listed above is only 100mW. I see someone posted it is good to 800 yards. I'll bet that 800 yards is only with a very Good Gen 3 scope because there is no way a Gen 1 or 2 could see that far with it. If your looking for a small IR light like the torch pro then take a look at our 30LR as it's about the same size but will put out a lot more IR light and shine a lot further with our IR LED module then the torch pro light.

Again please note that our New IR LED modules and dimmer switch will not be available for about 3 weeks but they will work with our current 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights so if you have one our lights, all you have to buy is the IR LED module and the price of the IR LED module is $24.99.

That is AWESOME news. Innovation is what pushes us forward. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by 35remington; 01-08-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The sniper hog sure sounds interesting.

Comment

We (Sniper Hog Lights) have a new IR LED module coming out in about 3 weeks that can be used in any of our 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights. This IR LED is the newest and brightest IR LED on the market and I can tell you from testing it out that it will shine incredible distances in all three lights. Took it out the other night with a Gen 3 scope and we could see deer at 1700 yards with our 66LR light and could have seen further if we had the area to do it. Of course your going to be able to see much further with a Gen 3 scope then the sightmark photon. The only thing I have that is close to a Gen 1 NV is my old sony video camera that picks up IR. I know it's not as good as the Sighmark photon but I could get decent video out to about 200 yards with it with our IR LED. I guarantee that our 66LR or 50LR with the IR module in it will put out more IR light and shine further then Unv20 or your money back. All three of our lights above have a focusable beam. Also, At about the same time our IR LED module comes out we will have a full dimmer switch for all our lights also so you have complete control of brightness. This is a big plus because if you have used real powerful IR lights before with NV you understand how it can be too bright at times and give a washed out look. With the dimmer switch you be able to set the power of the light just right to get the clearest view possible.
        Just to give you a Idea on power, the Unv20 uses 1050mW IR LED and ours is 1300mW and when you add our lenses to that LED you get a much brighter and further shining light then the Unv20.
        I see the UNV20 is $184.95 at Outdoor legacy gear with batteries and charger. Our 50LR with the IR LED, batteries, charger and dimmer switch will be around $139.00 and with the 10% off we give to TBH members that comes to about $125.00. That means it's about $60.00 cheaper and you get a light that puts out more IR light and shines further with a lifetime warranty.
        By the way, the torch pro listed above is only 100mW. I see someone posted it is good to 800 yards. I'll bet that 800 yards is only with a very Good Gen 3 scope because there is no way a Gen 1 or 2 could see that far with it. If your looking for a small IR light like the torch pro then take a look at our 30LR as it's about the same size but will put out a lot more IR light and shine a lot further with our IR LED module then the torch pro light.

Again please note that our New IR LED modules and dimmer switch will not be available for about 3 weeks but they will work with our current 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights so if you have one our lights, all you have to buy is the IR LED module and the price of the IR LED module is $24.99.
        Do you guys still offer the discount for members? Heard great reviews and was wanting to buy one of your units. Thanks in advance.

Comment

So ironic this was bumped today. Been researching NV and IR all day lol

Comment

ATN has an extended illuminator, much better than the default factory small unit.

Comment

What code for the TBH discount?

Comment

Wow a blast from the bast. I can now verify the sniper hog is a great light. Have a few of them

Comment

I'm don't even have any NVG's but I'll get a Sniper hog IR light when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdassylva23 View Post
                    Do you guys still offer the discount for members? Heard great reviews and was wanting to buy one of your units. Thanks in advance.
                    Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                    What code for the TBH discount?
                    Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    I'm don't even have any NVG's but I'll get a Sniper hog IR light when I do.
                    Please send me a PM for the 10% off coupon code.

Comment

Please send me a PM for the 10% off coupon code.

How far out were those hogs with the 66LXR in the video on your website?

Thanks.

Comment

If you are shooting hogs at a feeder the best and cheapest option is a couple of security camera IR lights off Amazon. Set them on a pole looking at the feeder. Even an almost used-up 12v feeder battery will run them all night. The hogs won't notice but hit it with NV and it lights up like an airport runway. We've been using these for about four years now with great results. Cost less than $15 per light and we use feeder batteries that are getting weak. We even use them on corn piles. Feed corn a few days then set the lights up and slip around in the cart and kill hogs !

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                          I have both a Sightmark photon Xt 4.6 and an ATN x-sight 5x-18 and I'm looking for a better IR illuminator that will easily get me out past 200 yards. I have the sightmark IR-850 on the photon plus the factory IR and I can see better with it than the x-sight with the included IR.

What do you guys recommend to get better range?

Anyone have a good one for sale?

I have a Photon as well with a UNV20. It worked well, but with it being on the side of the scope it left the opposite side a little dark. I ordered this evolva to put on the other side and love it. They’re identical lights other than the laser etching, and I’m not sure if the evolva isn’t a little brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            How far out were those hogs with the 66LXR in the video on your website?

Thanks.
                            As far as I can remember, they were 120-180 yards out. With the new ATN X-Sights and Photons, our customers are saying they are getting out to 400 yards with our 38LRX in IR, 500 yards with our 50LRX and 600 yards with our 66LRX. Pretty much every customer though says they would not feel comfortable shooting past about 200 yards with either of those scopes, not because it's not bright enough with out lights but because those scopes just don't have the magnification.
                            Last edited by gonehuntin68; 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I’d like to know some recommendations on ir illuminators as well. I’m wanting to mount one on my 223 bushmaster to accompany my Photon XT to hunt hogs and coyotes

Comment

I'm about to get night optics on my AR. Posting just so I can find this thread when I'm ready to buy an illuminator

Comment

Working...
                                X