No announcement yet.

Lonesome Dove: Favorite Line or Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many to list. Basically, if Gus said it I loved it.

The books are great and need to be read by everyone who loves the series.

Comment

"Shrivel your pod boys"

Comment

The saloon scene is my favorite. With all the animal mounts in the background, I think it's supposed to be The Buckhorn. Favorite line is when Clara tells Gus "Oh I never noticed you having accidents with ugly girls!"

Comment

Any man with any sense t'all can tell when it's sundown without you ringin that bell!

I will wack the bell if I want to.

Comment

Gus: I had a job waitin' tables once...on a riverboat. I wasn't no older than Newt there.

Newt;
            what happened?

Gus:
            I had to give it up. I was too young and pretty....and the whores....wouldn't let me alone.

Comment

Cal: newt you best get on to bed.

Gus: let the boy stay up. The only chance at an education is listening to me talk.

Comment

Gus: By God Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

I use this one all the time:

Call: It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

some cal wisdom:
                The best thing you can do with death is ride off from it.

Comment

"I like to kick a pig ever' once in a while, how would I do that? "

And pretty much that whole dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevotary View Post
                    Cal: newt you best get on to bed.

Gus: let the boy stay up. The only chance at an education is listening to me talk.
                    "What kinda education is that?

Comment

"Yes, A hell of a vision!"
                      Last line of the movie

Comment

Awesome movie watched it this weekend with the kiddo, he's to young to remember it but he liked seeing the horses. Lol

Comment

Or... Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

LOL! "I've shoot many a sassy bandits with just my pistol."

Comment

As a kid I watched this movie on an old VHS tape recorded off tv. I can't tell you how many times I've watched this movie. But I will say I watched it (DVD) LOL this weekend with my son for the 1st time.

Comment

I watched it with my kids (11 & 9) before Christmas. I can tell you that their mama thinks the word "whore" is used a few too many times for her liking. .

Now they know where Dad gets all those sayings.

Comment

Just for you drop'em: Welcome to the fire to you & yours...belated.

Gus McCrae: Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X