Lonesome Dove: Favorite Line or Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonesome Dove: Favorite Line or Scene

The last few evenings I've introduced my three kids (12, 10 & 7) to the wonder and excitement that is Lonesome Dove. Man, I love this movie. One of the best IMO.

What's your favorite line or scene?

"A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough" - Capt. Augustus McCrae.

^^^^^^ agree.....classic

Comment

“Did it ever occur to you, Woodrow, that we done run off all the people that made this place innerestin’ to begin with? Purty soon, this place’ll be nuthin’ but lawyers and schoolhouses.”

Comment

The scene where they are all on horseback at sunset to cross into Mexico, and Gus walks out of the house and tells the pigs to guard the house. I'm not sure why, but I alway loved that scene.

Comment

When Jake confronted Gus about helping Lori to buy a horse with money that Gus had paid her in return for a poke.

"Money well spent, Jake....both times."

Comment

It is better to have that and not need it, then to need it and not have it (the gun)

Comment

" it not dying I'm talking about Woodrow, it's living "

Comment

"I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. "

Comment

I hear you boys are plannin an orgy when we get to Ogalalla

Or

Are you ready Gus....... Hell yeah, don't I look ready!!

Or

By God Woodrow, it ain't dyin I'm talkin about, it's livin

Comment

Too many good quotes to list but watching this still makes me misty eyed on the last scene when Woodrow is recalling their journey and the folks lost along the way.

Comment

That does it...... Pulling out the dvd's tomorrow. The family and I will have a good family movie day!!

Comment

for the ones that don't know! there is a great lonesome dove museum at texas state u in san marcos if you are every there check it out..http://www.thewittliffcollections.tx...e-exhibit.html

Comment

As great as the movie is, if you are a fan and haven't read the book you need to make it a point to do so. I read it when it first came out in 1985 and only recently read it for the second time. Much of McMurtry's prose is absolutely brilliant. There are many passages you will go back and read twice because the writing is so awesome. Don't get me wrong - the movie is great but the book naturally goes much deeper.

Comment

At Gus last breath tells Woodrow it's been quite a party .
                            They were my heroes growing up

Comment

Kinda early in the day to go wiggling your bean there Jake....

Comment

Working...
                              X