How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    I just put a contract on a cabin that overlooks the river right below Broken Bow dam, when you cross the third bridge from the dam you are looking right at it, never fly fished before, I think I am going to try and learn.
    I feel like you’re obligated to if you have a place right there! Broken Bow can be great!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I just put a contract on a cabin that overlooks the river right below Broken Bow dam, when you cross the third bridge from the dam you are looking right at it, never fly fished before, I think I am going to try and learn.
      I feel like with a location like that, you should host a TBH trout fishing/fly rod learning session.

Congrats on the new place.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        I feel like you’re obligated to if you have a place right there! Broken Bow can be great!
        Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          I feel like with a location like that, you should host a TBH trout fishing/fly rod learning session.

Congrats on the new place.
          We may have to do that, yall can show an old bass fisherman how to cast a fly rod, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
            Wife and I lit em up on Wednesday!
            What flies did you use and did you put in up or down stream? Any other advice you be much appreciated, never been in up there. Hope to go next week.

Comment

wow, none of yall guys chasing sanbass in the creeks with the flyrod? Got into a bunch this weekend on the 3wt. lots of fun!

Comment

Hit the Blue river last week. Managed to get 5 fish about this size. Weather was nice, temps in the 60's. Water was a little high, but clear. fished the area above hi way 7. My first time out there, did see a few other guys fishing, but most said that it had been slow.

The area is a little different for me, in that there are stretches of deep river with high banks. So not wader friendly.

Fished bead headed nynphs, on seven foot leader, no indicator. I head they stop stocking toward the end of March.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                  Hit the Blue river last week. Managed to get 5 fish about this size. Weather was nice, temps in the 60's. Water was a little high, but clear. fished the area above hi way 7. My first time out there, did see a few other guys fishing, but most said that it had been slow.

The area is a little different for me, in that there are stretches of deep river with high banks. So not wader friendly.

Fished bead headed nynphs, on seven foot leader, no indicator. I head they stop stocking toward the end of March.

Nice catch! I'm pretty sure they stop stocking on March 1st. But I'm sure some live until mid summer in the deeper cooler pools.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    wow, none of yall guys chasing sanbass in the creeks with the flyrod? Got into a bunch this weekend on the 3wt. lots of fun!
                    I've always wanted to, but honestly have no idea where to start. I guess i just need to sit down and do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      I've always wanted to, but honestly have no idea where to start. I guess i just need to sit down and do some research.
                      Pretty much any creek or river running inot a lake with Sandies in it will have fish in it. Small chartreuse clousers with a floating line on a 3-5wt rod and your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                        Pretty much any creek or river running inot a lake with Sandies in it will have fish in it. Small chartreuse clousers with a floating line on a 3-5wt rod and your good to go.
                        I’ve had really good luck in the past oath white clousers and when tying white adding some red. I think usually around a size 12 but it’s been a couple years

“Lefty” Kreh passed this morning. RIP to a revolutionary in the industry

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                          This was in Alaska in 2015. On the Ilnik river which runs parallel and about 500 yards away from the Bering Sea. It was amazing. The last picture is the Bering Sea behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Look at you! Man that has fun written all over it. Plus you look a lot like Dennis Hopper.

Comment

I’ve had really good luck in the past oath white clousers and when tying white adding some red. I think usually around a size 12 but it’s been a couple years

Beat me to it... rip sir

Comment

Sad to hear that. RIP Lefty

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Just heard about Lefty. RIP

We used to tie the same red/white clousers size 10 or 12 and they were murder on the sandbass.

Comment

Working...
                                X