No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just booked up 4 days in Wyoming in March, it's gonna be cold but my buddy who guides up there said to come on. Anyone have any advice on a 4 or 5 wt? Or what would y'all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to post these. Fishing at a friends pond.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BLUEGILL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	24526126

Click image for larger version

Name:	BASS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24526125

Actually caught some big bluegill outta their pond. Could barely get my hand around them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        I just booked up 4 days in Wyoming in March, it's gonna be cold but my buddy who guides up there said to come on. Anyone have any advice on a 4 or 5 wt? Or what would y'all recommend?

I would go with a 5 if there is a chance you hit the Snake or bigger rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
          Which one would you keep?

Both! Love that reel!

If I had to pick it would depend on my rod. That left one would look dang nice with my deep blue rod

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
            I would go with a 5 if there is a chance you hit the Snake or bigger rivers.

I think we are floating all 3 days, so I'm pretty sure it's all big water.

Comment

I think we are floating all 3 days, so I'm pretty sure it's all big water.

Very jealous. If you hit the weather right the fishing can be on fire. Where in Wy?

Big water take the 5wt. Good excuse to buy a 6wt streamer rod too.

Comment

325 for the combo??

Yes sir

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

If you want to be more sporting go with the 4 haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                    Very jealous. If you hit the weather right the fishing can be on fire. Where in Wy?

Big water take the 5wt. Good excuse to buy a 6wt streamer rod too.

Fishing out of Casper, as far as I know I'm doing a day on the grays reef, miracle mile, and thermopolis. I know one day we will have to drive two hours to get to where we are fishing. He's got all the rods but I hate showing up empty handed. He just said throwing mostly 6wts

Comment

The combo I posted is officially in the classifieds if anyone was interested.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Have a Ross Canyon Big Game 6 with spare spool for sale on ebay if anyone is interested. This is a solid saltwater or spey reel for mid-large game fish. Includes box and warranty card.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Ross Canyon Big Game 6 Fly Fishing Reel at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I own 3 of these reels and hate to sell it, but 2 will cover everything i do.

Comment

I hit the Blue River yesterday and the water was COLDDD!! I did manage one trout and one carp, but no picks as I was too busy trying to keep my feet and legs from getting numb.

It was fun, and I will be back there after the ice melts.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                            I hit the Blue River yesterday and the water was COLDDD!! I did manage one trout and one carp, but no picks as I was too busy trying to keep my feet and legs from getting numb.

It was fun, and I will be back there after the ice melts.
                            How much ground did you cover?
                            Where did you start?

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              How much ground did you cover?
                              Where did you start?
                              I started at area 2 and worked upstream maybe 1/2 to 3/4 mile. The larger slower moving holes had all but the middle iced over still and with all the trees out there it is tough to throw a fly without being in the middle.

I caught my two within 2 minutes of the truck, and finished in a really good looking spot that was covered up with people. My next trip will probably be on a weekday.

Comment

Might have talked myself into needing something today.

Comment

Working...
                                X