How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Alright everyone I'm finally in a position to start looking for a saltwater flats piling skiff. I figured someone here would have advice on where to start and what to avoid. Trout and reds mostly but do head South for a little snook action on occasion. Any thoughts are appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this one...

Comment

Comment

anyone know of any good blue cat lakes around Austin area?? I've been missing me some blue cat since moving from North Texas. This is usually a great time to catch them in low troughs chasing shad balls.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
          anyone know of any good blue cat lakes around Austin area?? I've been missing me some blue cat since moving from North Texas. This is usually a great time to catch them in low troughs chasing shad balls.
          I don't fish for cats, but guys seem to do well on granger. Know a lot of guys that do well here in waco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Whats everyone's 2018 plans?

I'm going to go chase sandies on the Sabine February. Would like to go float the lower buffalo for smallmouth in mid-late spring, but may consider going to New Mexico for tiger muskie instead or to the Guad to chase stripers. Really going to try to make a Venice trip for tuna on the flyrod, if I can't make that happen will go to Port O'Connor and fish for kings, AJ's, snapper and ling. In between will do as much lmb, smb, carp, and striper fishing as I can here in North Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post

I'm going to go chase sandies on the Sabine February. Would like to go float the lower buffalo for smallmouth in mid-late spring, but may consider going to New Mexico for tiger muskie instead or to the Guad to chase stripers. Really going to try to make a Venice trip for tuna on the flyrod, if I can't make that happen will go to Port O'Connor and fish for kings, AJ's, snapper and ling. In between will do as much lmb, smb, carp, and striper fishing as I can here in North Texas.

Lots of redfish, going back to Montana, probably Mexico. The buffalo and Muskie are two things I’ve always wanted to do. May look into those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post

Reds and trout in the LLM winter and spring. Tarpon in Florida in June.

Comment

Trout and stripers on the guad; jetties/surf north padre and port a for jacks,reds,specs,tarpon; tennesse for trout and who knows where else.

Comment

Oklahoma and Arkansas for rainbows and Browns. Local lakes for LMb and crappie. I will learn how to fly fish from my kayak while standing and seated. Might even consider tying my own flies to throw at them all.

Comment

Hit the gulf for the first time on the fly and get reddish knocked off the bucket list.

Fish a lot more than I have this year. Colorado in Feb, hopefully get back home to Hawaii around Oct and get some bones, triggers and everything else that lives on the flats and reefs

Hit the trinity for some carp and gar

Broke out the tying gear again and already getting going on that

Learn to build my own rods

Comment

If you weren’t out chasing reds today you were missing out. Simply epic.

Lots of doubles

Comment

I love fly fishing. But where i live, all i get to catch are the little stocked rainbows.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            If you weren’t out chasing reds today you were missing out. Simply epic.

Lots of doubles

Awesome man congrats. I’m hoping to get out next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                              Awesome man congrats. I’m hoping to get out next month.
                              Heading to the coast this week! Can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a pretty good deal this morning on a Ross rapid reel, to go with my hardy shadow rod. Pretty excited to say the least

Comment

Working...
                                X