How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Mowdy makes some really nice scooters. I just added an s10 to my boat collection.

Comment

Built a couple aluminum boats from the hull up. Not hard to do at all. Time and your imagination are your best friends.
        I had one boat prepped to deck the entire top with doors in the deck that would open up for storage. Was going to put my console up top and make a truly unique ride. Wound up with my current hull and gave that project to my dad, who decked the whole thing and made it all electric. Tons of storage under the deck.
        Been slowly building my current boat, not much more I want to do to it.
        It's a great way to save some money and get exactly what you want.

Also, you can add a pwc motor and make a killer rig. That's the other project my dad built for running the river. Don't know how well it would do in the salt, but it's pretty killer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Cabela.
          I had to wait over a year to build it, but worth it.
          I like your fishing flats pics.
          I know what you mean, its a whole new world when you go skinny!

Comment

In all my years fishing Oklahoma I've never fished the Blue river. Can someone enlighten me as to where it is, what kind of fishing etc??? Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              In all my years fishing Oklahoma I've never fished the Blue river. Can someone enlighten me as to where it is, what kind of fishing etc??? Thanks so much.
              From what I can tell it is just north of Tishamingo off hwy 7. They stock it with trout in the winter but has bass catfish and perch year round. Light tackle is best and find a deeper pool of water and cast away. There is info on the www you can Google also

Comment

NewWater Stiling it, baby!
                Attached Files

Comment

Im just getting into fly fishing myself. I build rods and i built my first fly rod about 3yrs ago. In the next 2 weeks i will by flying to Holbox, Mexico to try and catch my first tarpon or snook on a fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                    Im just getting into fly fishing myself. I build rods and i built my first fly rod about 3yrs ago. In the next 2 weeks i will by flying to Holbox, Mexico to try and catch my first tarpon or snook on a fly.

What wts are you throwing at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                      Nice. I almost went to Holbox last month. Are you fishing with Sandflea?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Nice. I almost went to Holbox last month. Are you fishing with Sandflea?
                        Yep! I will be fishing with him for 2days maybe 3. We will be down there for 9days so im hoping to find some spots on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                          What wts are you throwing at them?
                          Just taking a 8wt with me. This time of year its mostly small 20-40lb tarpon and snook.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

East cape glide outta POC. Something special when the reds bump into the boat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              If you are going to the blue soon, please let me know. I've been dying to get up there. They started stocking in November so it should be awesome by now.
                              I would be down to fish the Blue sometime. I have heard really good things about it. I hit up the Brazos on Sunday for the first time and had a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                                I would be down to fish the Blue sometime. I have heard really good things about it. I hit up the Brazos on Sunday for the first time and had a lot of fun.
                                Lets pick a date and go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X