No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass bugs for prizes at this year's Christmas party for the San Gabriel Fly Fishers.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Well got me a permit. Isn’t the big one I want but after the week full of issues we’ve had, it’s a dang trophy. Caught It on a beach flat we decided to check out on our way out of town. Turned out to be a bunch of happy tailing fish there. Got shots at some big fish, but this one ate. Bottom of the ninth, And a permit is a permit I suppose. I’m stoked.

Sorry for the photo. The camera defaulted to some sort of weird filter that has that reddish tint. The scenery was much more appealing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I’d be stoked on that permit! I miss the salt and permit is a bucket list species for me

Comment

Headed to florida in June for tarpon on the fly. Any guide recommendations and what part of Florida?

Comment

Well got me a permit. Isn’t the big one I want but after the week full of issues we’ve had, it’s a dang trophy. Caught It on a beach flat we decided to check out on our way out of town. Turned out to be a bunch of happy tailing fish there. Got shots at some big fish, but this one ate. Bottom of the ninth, And a permit is a permit I suppose. I’m stoked.

Sorry for the photo. The camera defaulted to some sort of weird filter that has that reddish tint. The scenery was much more appealing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Who did you fish with? I assume you were fishing Ascension Bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
            Headed to florida in June for tarpon on the fly. Any guide recommendations and what part of Florida?
            A buddy and I had a trip booked with Steve Hancock back in 2014. He's out of Key West. However, the first tropical storm of the year cancelled our trip. It was the vacation from Hell. If the tropical storm wasn't enough it turned out being gay pride week in the Keys Be careful we were there June 3-7. Steve's email is stevenmhancock@netzero.net.

Comment

Man, I'm far from an expert so I don't have any recommendations on which part. I do know the top guides book up, early. I would get on google and start researching and making calls ASAP.

Comment

I’m head to Asheville NC in two weeks for some trout fishing. It will be frosty but should be a good time regardless.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  Who did you fish with? I assume you were fishing Ascension Bay?
                  No Sir. We were fishing out of Xcalak. It's Chetumal bay and the beach front. We fish with an independent guide down there who is simply incredible, but I actually caught this fish on my own. This area receives much less pressure, is more remote than Ascension and has high numbers of fish. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    Bass bugs for prizes at this year's Christmas party for the San Gabriel Fly Fishers.
                    Right on. I neglect bass more than I should. Bass on poppers is about as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      I’d be stoked on that permit! I miss the salt and permit is a bucket list species for me
                      Well go scratch them off!

Comment

Mike Manning stays busy, and is a great guide.

Comment

No Sir. We were fishing out of Xcalak. It's Chetumal bay and the beach front. We fish with an independent guide down there who is simply incredible, but I actually caught this fish on my own. This area receives much less pressure, is more remote than Ascension and has high numbers of fish. I love it.
                          How was lodging and did you hook up with any bones or were you only permit fishing?

Comment

This is the guy I use in key largo.

Blackfoot charters.
                            Mike makowski
                            305-481-0111

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                              This is the guy I use in key largo.

Blackfoot charters.

Mike makowski

305-481-0111

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              Mike Manning stays busy, and is a great guide.

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Well go scratch them off!
                                Working on it! Research somewhere i can trick the wife in to thinking it’s a beach get away and I’ll just happen to go fish

Comment

Working...
                                X