• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot about the photobucket deal...sorry

Comment

There that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
        I love to catch drum on the fly. They are totally overlooked as a game fish. I've had 20 fish days on drum. I don't keep redfish but I have no problem filling a color with drum.

I agree. In the spots we fish I just haven’t been seeing a lot of them in recent years so I haven’t caught many lately. This one just materialised right off the bow so I literally dropped in front of him and he ate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought about getting into it and trying it out next spring/summer since my bay boat drafts shallow. Always wanted to catch a tailing red in the marsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post

There that worked.

Nice! Bluefin Trevally is in my top 10 of fish I have to catch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
              Thought about getting into it and trying it out next spring/summer since my bay boat drafts shallow. Always wanted to catch a tailing red in the marsh.

Do it. The best thing about is, every fish is as exciting as the first.

Comment

Found some hungry tailers early this morning in this super tide.

They were wanting the EP

Comment

Incredible morning in the marsh with my dad today. Was a bit cold on the boat ride out, but we were rewarded with hordes of fish. Put 23 in the boat despite the fact the high pressure had them lock jawed, you definitely had to feed it to them. Don’t have many pictures of fish since every time we hooked up there was another fish to cast to.

Comment

Im jealous

Comment

Lot of cool pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. I like fly fishing, but don't get to often. Most of the fly fishing I have done, has been in the Guadalupe River and the Comal River. I have caught a lot of perch, Guadalupe Bass and Large Mouth bass. Nothing big, just some fun fishing. Got to fish in Wyoming years ago, caught mostly rainbows and a few German Browns. Then got to fish in the Wilson River, in Oregon about four years ago. I caught quite a few rainbows, German Browns and then some cut throat trout. Most of my fishing has been salt water, but not fly fishing, but would like to try saltwater with a fly rod.

Comment

Yup, do a little of it. So far the trout I have caught on fly Brook, steel head, brown, rainbow, cutthroat and cutbow. Others striper, sand bass, hybrids, large mouth small mouth, Kentucky spotted, Channel cats, blue cat, bluegill, red ear various other sun perch.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                          Yup, do a little of it. So far the trout I have caught on fly Brook, steel head, brown, rainbow, cutthroat and cutbow. Others striper, sand bass, hybrids, large mouth small mouth, Kentucky spotted, Channel cats, blue cat, bluegill, red ear various other sun perch.
                          Sounds like you do more than a little bit, of fly fishing. Lot longer list than mine. Until this thread, I never heard of people catching catfish on fly tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            Sounds like you do more than a little bit, of fly fishing. Lot longer list than mine. Until this thread, I never heard of people catching catfish on fly tackle.

Fishing for species not normally associated with fly fishing is gaining popularity. Catfish and Gar are the new up and comers if seems. Carp already have an established following.

Comment

I've been fly fishing/ fly tying for over 20yrs. My favorite target fish is anything with fins and swims.

Comment

I spent two days last week fly fishing for bonefish. It was my first time trying in the salt water. I caught a handful of 12" fish. Pretty disappointing. I should have used spinning gear in the salt. The wind makes casting a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X