No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished these for the give a ways at this months fly fishing club meeting.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
      Today I caught the first fish I have ever caught on a fly rod!
      It was an awesome experience to share with my 2 boys!

I owe a big thank you to SwampRabbit. I've been saying for years that I want to learn to fly fish and after following his thread
      LIVE: Hump Day - Ruck-N-Cast

It finally gave me the kick in the pants to stop talking about it and actually do it. So I ordered a fly rod on Amazonand started watching some videos. I commented on SwampRabbits thread and he offered to send me some flys to get me started.
      That little lady bug fly was the ticket! We hit the creek that is just down the road from my house and only fished one hole. There are several more we can hike to. To say I'm addicted is an understatement and my kids are already wanting there own fly rod as well!
      The smiles on the kiddos faces say it all. Glad that thread provided some motivation... and that at least one of those flies did the trick. Welcome to a new addiction

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there anywhere good to fish around pueblo Colorado? If I can get an antelope killed I'm gonna take my fly rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Just finished these for the give a ways at this months fly fishing club meeting.
          Those are great looking flies Bob

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Those are great looking flies Bob
            It's a new one I found on line. I've been experimenting with pulse discs. Man do they put the action in a streamer but the disc has to match the size of the fly. Finding that the fly needs a little weight to wobble well. These seem to be just right for the 1" disc. I've been catching a lot of bass using them.

Comment

First fish, on a fly rod!!!

It's tiny, all of two inches and that's probably stretching it
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

It may be tiny, but its still a fish. Congrats

Comment

Just got a hard commitment from the wife...we are spending ALL of next summer in and around Yellowstone! Picking up a camper in the next few months and we will be leaving on the last day of school and not returning until I have to be back for inservice training in mid-August. Looks like I have a lot of tying ahead of me this winter to prepare. I've fished the park before, but only Lake Yellowstone and it was in the mid 90s before the Cuthroat were decimated. I've heard great things about their return since the lake trout management began.

The goal is to try all the major rivers in the park and possibly some backcountry lakes and streams.

I'll be taking all my rods, 2-8wt and even some spinning gear for fun.

Any ideas, hints, tricks, tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

The small ones are the best eatin' ... or so they say

Congrats on your first!

Comment

Completely struck out at my neighborhood pond. All this rain may have had an impact... although I have never had alot of success on this pond... only a fluke fish or two. Not sure how I ever caught my first fish there

Comment

Went fly fishing for my first time on our recent trip to Estes Park and the Big Thompson, and I'm hooked! Hubby enjoyed himself as well. Although the water was up due to the rain, caught some good rainbows and a few brown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff! You have alot of good rivers to fish out where you live... you don't even have to buy waders

Comment

Anyone been to broken bow or the blue lately? Will be in OK for work next week and thinking about bringing my gear and hitting a river on the way back home

Comment

Headed to Ingram next weekend for a little get away with the wife. Staying across the road from the Guadalupe. Any suggestions on fly's or what weight rod?

Comment

I have a 3 piece rod tube for free if anyone wants it. Picked it up from Cabela's bargain cave not realize it was a 3 piece tube not a 4 piece and can't return it. My stupidity is your gain. Pm me if you want it

*WILL NOT FIT A 4 PIECE ROD*

Comment

Working...
                                X