How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Made a little more progress on Zach's 2wt. It's a 3 piece, so one more section to go. There are 6 guides on the tip section. Those tiny little 2wt tips sections are always tedious work.

We're going fishing this afternoon, packing for Maui tomorrow, and flying out Monday morning. I won't finish it before his birthday on the 17th, but it won't take long to finish after we get back home.

What an awesome project. That is a beautiful rod.

Two weeks and we're headed to Red River. Hope to hit the Costilla, Cimarron, Rio Hondo and Rio Grande for sure. Something magical about getting away from the heat and fishing in beautiful places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      What an awesome project. That is a beautiful rod.

Two weeks and we're headed to Red River. Hope to hit the Costilla, Cimarron, Rio Hondo and Rio Grande for sure. Something magical about getting away from the heat and fishing in beautiful places.

Those are some of my favorite rivers to fish. Good luck! Post pics.

Comment

Zach and I and his girlfriend did a little fishing this evening. Frog fly never fails.

Comment

I got 1 hour on a 100 yard stretch of the pecos in the heat of the day. Not sure what I caught but it was fun.

Comment

Try again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Zach and I and his girlfriend did a little fishing this evening. Frog fly never fails.

Awesome!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a few hrs to fish while in Rapid City, SD last week and caught a few browns in town before the temp hit 100. This one was the smallest but awful pretty.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24502315caught a few

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    [ATTACH]862664[/ATTACH]caught a few
                    Love the color on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Love the color on that one!
                      Yeah, that fishin hole has some beautiful bream. Caught 30 keepers and dogged it off

Comment

I put the kayak in Saturday morning and floated a 6 mile stretch from deer camp down to my uncle's farm. I caught a bunch of fish and boated some decent brownies for this time of the year. Caught 9 bass over 14 inches and a couple pretty nice ones (for creek fish).

Smallmouth in current are tricky to land on a fly rod, but it's my favorite kind of fishing.

Not bad for a hot, sunny, 85 degree day in mid July!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm more jealous of the fishing, or 85 degrees in July...!

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Today I caught the first fish I have ever caught on a fly rod!
                            It was an awesome experience to share with my 2 boys!

I owe a big thank you to SwampRabbit. I've been saying for years that I want to learn to fly fish and after following his thread
                            LIVE: Hump Day - Ruck-N-Cast

It finally gave me the kick in the pants to stop talking about it and actually do it. So I ordered a fly rod on Amazonand started watching some videos. I commented on SwampRabbits thread and he offered to send me some flys to get me started.
                            That little lady bug fly was the ticket! We hit the creek that is just down the road from my house and only fished one hole. There are several more we can hike to. To say I'm addicted is an understatement and my kids are already wanting there own fly rod as well!
                            Last edited by Shake N' Bake; 08-06-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Worked hard for this one! Tiny, brushy part of the upper red river. Also had a blast with the sticker rainbows. Didn't get to fish all the places we wanted, but a great trip with great weather and fantastic scenery.

Comment

Great thread, Thanks for pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X