No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught some snook and false albacore while in Florida last week. Those albies are a blast to catch!

Comment

These little guys are absolute perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Clay and Hoythitman, have the streams and rivers settled down yet in southern Colorado or are they still blown out? Looking at your pics I'm guessing they have settled down pretty good.

I'm headed that way in 10 days. Getting more worthless every day ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Clay and Hoythitman, have the streams and rivers settled down yet in southern Colorado or are they still blown out? Looking at your pics I'm guessing they have settled down pretty good.

I have no idea as my pictures are from last month in Montana. For the sake of your optimism, I'll say, yes. The flows in southern Colorado are perfect.

Comment

Yep.
            Attached Files

Comment

Seems like most are almost there: http://www.orvis.com/colorado-fly-fishing-reports

Where are you fishing? I'm doing two days NW of Colorado Springs on July 19-20
              Last edited by CWP; 07-04-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I'm building Zach a 2wt for his birthday. Got the butt wrap done today. Still gotta wrap the guides and put the finish on.

Comment

Wow, what a pretty rod Shane. Not too fancy, just right. The reel seat will match pretty good too.

Comment

Awesome work Shane

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                      Seems like most are almost there: http://www.orvis.com/colorado-fly-fishing-reports

Where are you fishing? I'm doing two days NW of Colorado Springs on July 19-20
                      We plan on fishing some smaller streams around Pagosa then moving on toward Lake City. There's a sweet stream that we try to fish every year at least once that is on the way to LC. Then we'll come back to Pagosa and fish some more streams in that area. Finally we may go to Trujillo Meadows campground and fish a couple streams around that little sweet spot before heading home. Hope to be there 7-9 days.

I would be more specific but the internet is a big, big place if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        Wow, what a pretty rod Shane. Not too fancy, just right. The reel seat will match pretty good too.
                        Thanks, Bob. The blank is translucent green, although you can't really see it in the photos. It is pretty in the sun. I didn't want to cover it all up with the butt wrap. Just wanted to accent it with some green and gunmetal thread to match the rest of the rod and hardware.

It's a 7' IM6 2wt blank with a moderate action. He wanted a rod for panfish and trout. This is gonna be a fun one for him.

Comment

We plan on fishing some smaller streams around Pagosa then moving on toward Lake City. There's a sweet stream that we try to fish every year at least once that is on the way to LC. Then we'll come back to Pagosa and fish some more streams in that area. Finally we may go to Trujillo Meadows campground and fish a couple streams around that little sweet spot before heading home. Hope to be there 7-9 days.

I would be more specific but the internet is a big, big place if you know what I mean.
                          That's all my favorite areas of Southern Co. The areas between Wolf Creek pass and Lake City are incredible. The Rio and countless creeks, beaver ponds and smaller streams are endless.... I use to like to fish the beaver ponds up through the Deer Lakes area farther on in there off the main road. Brookies for days....

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Picked up a 2wt today 5,8"

Going to battle the blue Gill below cypress creek park in New Braunfels and maybe some small mouth
                            Last edited by Rotag; 07-07-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

A 2 wt. Steve?

Comment

Made a little more progress on Zach's 2wt. It's a 3 piece, so one more section to go. There are 6 guides on the tip section. Those tiny little 2wt tips sections are always tedious work.

We're going fishing this afternoon, packing for Maui tomorrow, and flying out Monday morning. I won't finish it before his birthday on the 17th, but it won't take long to finish after we get back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X