No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone go float with All Water Guides out of Austin before? Seems like a good option in between hitting the mountains.

Fishing guide service for Central Texas. The best fishing guides in one place. Orvis endorsed guide service.Fishing near Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Bastrop and New Braunfels , Texas.

Comment

[QUOTE=AtTheWall;12272798]Spent some time today getting stuff organized

whats the name of that crab pattern?

Comment

Didn't catch this one on a fly, but this is what we catch on the Missouri.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170318_172337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24489406

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Went up and checked out the blue river yesterday with my fiancé. We have fished beavers bend quite a bit but that was a first time the blue for us. I will Def be going back again. The quality of fish that were caught I thought was great for stockers! I will get the picture of the first one I caught yesterday when I get home from work in the morning. It's on her phone. That was the first time I had picked up my fly rod since this time last year I guess. Felt good to get back at it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

For those interested...Cabelas has their TLR Fly Rods on discount. Way discounted!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              For those interested...Cabelas has their TLR Fly Rods on discount. Way discounted!
              Tempting, but wanting to support the fly shop by the house.

I do like my Three Rivers from Cabelas.

Comment

Wouldn't say I'm a fly fisherman but I did pick up my first reel yesterday. It's an 8 wt Sage. I'll be pairing it up in the next couple weeks after I try out a few rods. Looking forward to hitting up some reds on the coast this year.

Comment

You have the Sage reel, you might as well get a Sage rod. I have a reel just like that on a TCR 8 wt.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    You have the Sage reel, you might as well get a Sage rod. I have a reel just like that on a TCR 8 wt.

I'll definitely try them out along with some others. I don't necessarily have to have a sage rod. Whatever feels the best and doesn't blow the budget yet I'll be good with.

Comment

Sage and budget do not go in the same sentence but they are very fine rods. TFO, Scott and Redington have really come out with some fine rods. If you ever get to Austin, go by Sportsman's Finest. They have a try out pond and will let you cast all you want. You can also ask Lorinda that works there and just take her advise. She is a fishing machine and really knows her stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        Sage and budget do not go in the same sentence but they are very fine rods. TFO, Scott and Redington have really come out with some fine rods. If you ever get to Austin, go by Sportsman's Finest. They have a try out pond and will let you cast all you want. You can also ask Lorinda that works there and just take her advise. She is a fishing machine and really knows her stuff.

Thanks for the advice I may have to stop in there one day. I have a feeling I will end up with more than one combo eventually.

Comment

Does anyone on here fly fish the sandbass run?

Comment

Carp are getting active

Comment

Carp are a blast catching on the fly!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
                                Does anyone on here fly fish the sandbass run?
                                Heck yeah! I love finding them stacked up in a hole and catching them on my 4wt! Total blast!

Carp and buffalo are probably right up at the top for me on the fly. I used to have a perfect cove all to myself at Whitney when we had our lakehouse. They would just be loafing along the shoreline feeding and we're always willing to slurp up an easy meal

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X