How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    Has anyone purchased anything from this site?

https://www.bigyflyco.com/items/Flie...Texas/list.htm

I think what I really wanted to know was if you had a site that sold inexpensive flies?

Comment

Hopedale they look like a pretty darn good fly resource site.

Comment

Just booked my flight for my return to Montana In a couple months. I really can't wait. I've been missing it. Even when pulling snook out of the mangroves in the Everglades, jumping tarpon and casting to tailing permit in Mexico, and countless redfish back home, all I could think about was the mountains, rivers and browns waiting to rise to a fly.

Also just realized I never did the write up from my trip to Xcalak. Need to get in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Has anyone purchased anything from this site?

https://www.bigyflyco.com/items/Flie...Texas/list.htm

this is the place to go for cheap flies. A good friend of mine buys a dozen or so from them weekly and gets them super fast.

Comment

Here are some pics from Xcalak.

Our guide, Evaristo, telling me it's gonna be ok after I missed an eat from a big tailing permit.

Morning commute.

Tracking through the jungle to get around a rocky, rough surf.

Exiting the jungle into a calm beach side permit flat.

Why trigger fish require strong hooks.

Casting to some bonefish with the glass.

Negotiating a rocky surf

Bring a bonefish to hand in the flats glass

The Baby Cuda that thought it was a bonefish

Permit will drive you to drinking...tequila....a lot of it.

Several days of sun, beer, early mornings, late nights and long days on the water trying to get a permit to eat. Eventually you start to question your sanity and wonder if all these fish you've been casting to are even real.

Comment

I think you needed long pants. I am permitless as well.

Comment

Finally got a chance to cast the new 8 wt & 10 wt sticks. OH YEAH!!!!

The 10 is looooong - Holy Smokes!!!!! Just what I was hoping for!!!! Reel has 600 yards of 30lb Gel Spun backing and drag is pushing 9.7 lbs! SICK - REAL SICK

The 8 is super smooth as well. Blasts better than my 9 wt MHX and 8 TFO BVK. Big difference in saltwater specific blanks with stout butts.

I'm stoked!!!!

Comment

Hey dude! Your legs are burnt! Sorry about not catching a Permit, Im sure it was worth it. Oh and uh, love the glass rod.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                    Finally got a chance to cast the new 8 wt & 10 wt sticks. OH YEAH!!!!

The 10 is looooong - Holy Smokes!!!!! Just what I was hoping for!!!! Reel has 600 yards of 30lb Gel Spun backing and drag is pushing 9.7 lbs! SICK - REAL SICK

The 8 is super smooth as well. Blasts better than my 9 wt MHX and 8 TFO BVK. Big difference in saltwater specific blanks with stout butts.

I'm stoked!!!!

Nice! Go get them bent!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Hey dude! Your legs are burnt! Sorry about not catching a Permit, Im sure it was worth it. Oh and uh, love the glass rod.

Ha! Yeah I have the unique ability to forget I'm pasty until after my legs are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Just booked my flight for my return to Montana In a couple months. I really can't wait. I've been missing it. Even when pulling snook out of the mangroves in the Everglades, jumping tarpon and casting to tailing permit in Mexico, and countless redfish back home, all I could think about was the mountains, rivers and browns waiting to rise to a fly.

Also just realized I never did the write up from my trip to Xcalak. Need to get in that.

Where abouts in Montana? The spring run for rainbows is about to star on Missouri. Hoping to go after some this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                          Where abouts in Montana? The spring run for rainbows is about to star on Missouri. Hoping to go after some this weekend.

Usually fish around the Missoula area since there is so much variety within a couple of hours. That picture was down near Philipsburg.

This time we will be closer to Craig. The Missouri will be fished.

Do you live there? Where about?

Comment

Gotta love Montana!!! Floated the Blackfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Usually fish around the Missoula area since there is so much variety within a couple of hours. That picture was down near Philipsburg.

This time we will be closer to Craig. The Missouri will be fished.

Do you live there? Where about?
                              I'm working in Helena at the moment. Gonna hit the Missouri at Beaver Creek this weekend. One of the guys I work with has a drift boat, and we should be drifting Wolf Creek to Craig soon.

Comment

Here are couple shots from the Missouri, below the Hauser Dam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MISSOURI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	24488787

Click image for larger version

Name:	RAINBOW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	24488788

Comment

Working...