I normally start around champion park and work down stream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
      I normally start around champion park and work down stream

I've got a pretty good spot on brushy creek in hutto

Comment

Well she arrived! Picture is crappy, but I don't think any picture could do this rod justice. It's incredible!.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well got everything packed up. Headed to the end of the road Mexico tomorrow to chase Permit. I'll try to post updates if possible.

Comment

I started fly fishing this year. I'm in Spicewood and fish the Llano mostly. Would love to gain knowledge and go with some others.

Comment

The wife and I just received new Diana Tenkara rods from Japan as wedding gifts.

Comment

My friends last week in CO.

Comment

Does anyone have a frog pattern for bass? I bought myself a fly tying kit last year and have just been tinkering with it so far. I can't find any good blanks to use to make frog (floating) patterns. Where I fish the largemouth bass will absolutely hammer anything that resembles a frog so I would really like to learn to tie some frog patterns to use with my 4-5 weight rod. Something with rubber legs would be ideal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      I'll have to look at it. Wish I had a place to actually cast these rods before I bought one

Bass Pro Shops carry TFO rods and will let you cast them a time or two. I have the TFO warriors Project Healing Water 8Wt 9' and I love it. $150 its a steal and you get to help our military personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Haven't fly fished Texas coast. Is it worth it to go down without a boat or kayak to fly fish. Saving up for a guide trip for my dad and I but not in the cards right now. Need to get back to the salt
                        Some places you could flyfish from the bank. A boat would make it better.

If you are ever in the Bmt area, pm me and I will see what I can do. Im not a guide so to speak, but I would be glad to get you on some fish. We can definetly take some target practice

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          Does anyone have a frog pattern for bass? I bought myself a fly tying kit last year and have just been tinkering with it so far. I can't find any good blanks to use to make frog (floating) patterns. Where I fish the largemouth bass will absolutely hammer anything that resembles a frog so I would really like to learn to tie some frog patterns to use with my 4-5 weight rod. Something with rubber legs would be ideal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
                          I have seen some on here. Believe there is an old fly tying thread that has some on there.

I tend not to tie frogs for 4-5wt because frogs for the most part are rather "large" from a windage stand point and really tend to need a 7wt+/- setup to cast well.

Instead, for 4-5wt, I tend to tie small gurglers, hoppers, poppers, etc. They work wonders for small bass and have caught small-medium sized bass with them as well. My main material is craft foam sheets, deer hair, and rubber legs and hooks between a #12 and a #8.

Just some food for thought.

Comment

There's some excellent fly tying YouTube videos online. Several are traditional fly material and others, foam and rubber. You can also shop Orvis and EBay for some decent tied patterns and duplicate these builds, following some of the YouTube principles learned.

YouTube has a wealth of tackle solutions online now.

Foam frogs and flies are becoming the preferred bass fly for many. Traditional flies eventually become soaked to points, they don't float as well. Foam continues to provide lift. Some will tie foam to the hook's shank and build up off of that, wrapping around the foam body for color and fill.

Comment

This fly has been killing the catfish and I don't know why

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	24482080
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24482081

Comment

Where the heck did you come from? Nice catfish by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X