How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
    Still waiting to do some saltwater fly fishing...
    I learned this summer that it is simple as walking the beach or ankle-knee deep in the water and casting into the near wade gut (between you and first bar.) All sorts of fun fish swimming in that easily accessible area. No need for fancy stuff, just an 8wt salt setup (paid $200 for mine) and some clouser flies.

I want to do a guided redfish trip on the flats.... but now I know if I want some saltwater action, just hitting the beach can yield a lot of fun (and in my case a keeper or two.)

Comment

I have a really dumb idea. It's going to be hot, dirty,foolish and have a high probability of failure.

Sooooooo, who wants to go?

These are my very own gar flies to be fished from a kayak.
      Attached Files

Comment

The old teeth tangle method. Should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
          I have a really dumb idea. It's going to be hot, dirty,foolish and have a high probability of failure.

Heck yeah!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a gar fly of frayed string like that on a treble hook. Caught a couple gar and some bass too.

Comment

I've caught lots of gar on those kind of flies but you always want to have a hook in them as bass will some times bite them as well.

Comment

Found the gar. Had 3 hits, short fights and pull offs. I also took the 5weight and a caught a really nice sized goo on it. That was a fun fight!
                Attached Files

Comment

Goo are one of my favorite "off" fish to catch.

I went and chased carp yesterday.

Comment

Are you sight casting to carp? I was sight casting to a 10+ lb buffalo yesterday but he paid it no attention and slid off into deeper wate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_191438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24461992

Not the best picture, but the best I could do without getting it out of the water. Best brown trout to date, about 14ish inches. Their spawn should be kicking off here in the next couple of weeks, so I should be getting some much better ones (hopefully).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you sight casting to carp? I was sight casting to a 10+ lb buffalo yesterday but he paid it no attention and slid off into deeper wate.
                        yep, sight fishing to carp is a blast. Buffalo are retarded fish, they will eat sometimes but most the time wont. You can catch them more consistently in tailwaters with a shad pattern dead drifted through a school of them or slowly stripped. I really care nothing for them though as they don't fight very good.

Comment

That's surprising to hear about the buffalo. They pull like a freight train when shot with an arrow.

Comment

Tenkara with a prince head nymph just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wish me luck. Heading to Island Park, ID in the morning for 10 days. We won't fish every day, but we WILL fish considerably! Lots of great rivers in the area!

Comment

more carp fishing today

More on the Blog; click here

Comment

Working...
                                X