No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to hit the bay, brought the fly rods. Hope to get into some redfish.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      Off to hit the bay, brought the fly rods. Hope to get into some redfish.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Good luck HF. Definitely jealous.

Comment

Those trout are making me miss the mountains. I'll be back in Montana at the end of October. A Whole week of big browns (wishful thinking )

Forgot to add the gear review part from this past Saturday.

My buddy brought his Marshfly Journeyman 8 wt on the skiff. I have been wanting to test one out for a while, but haven't known anyone that owns one.
        It was lined with Wulff Bermuda triangle (fantastic line, fish it on a loomis CC GLX).

The rod fished excellent. Anything from short roll cast, tip casts, to 60-70 ft shots were no problem. The rod looked well made, no visual defects or errors and good quality components. I like the Marshfly with the Wulff better than my Sage SALT with the current line I have on it which is SA Grand Slam (not a bad line, just doesn't work with the SALT. For me anyways).

It isn't as pretty or touched up as some of the high dollar rods, but as far as fishing goes, it definitely holds its own against rods twice it's price.
        Last edited by Clay C; 09-12-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Caught some salmon in the Gunnison today. I'll try to remember to take pics if I go tomorrow.

Comment

Caught 11 more today. They will stretch your line.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!
              Salmon are on my to do list.

Comment

Some nice high country cutts.

More Pics Here

Comment

Nice pics CRT. Very jealous.

Comment

A few monsters i caught this past summer in Pagosa Springs [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

cozumel a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post

cozumel a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        That's awesome I still need to cross those little sand rockets off my list

Comment

I just left a local detention pond that I fished on my lunch break. After my first few cast I switched to larger streamers and top water poppers in hopes of finding a bass. No such luck....oh well. At least when perch set around camp fires and tell scary stories they are talking about me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I love perch. There is nothing like hanging around a bunch of folks trying to catch big bass from the bank... and after a while you just switch to a little fly and start landing gills from small to bulls and the looks the other anglers give you...

Yes, catching big fish is a blast... but often times, it is just the bend in the pole that is enough to make a trip satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              I love perch. There is nothing like hanging around a bunch of folks trying to catch big bass from the bank... and after a while you just switch to a little fly and start landing gills from small to bulls and the looks the other anglers give you...

Yes, catching big fish is a blast... but often times, it is just the bend in the pole that is enough to make a trip satisfying.

Exactly!! I have way more fun catching gills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Perch was how i got my 11 year old hooked on fly fishing. To me nothing beats a top water hit no matter how big or small!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X