No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the reasons my nickname is Flyer. That and of course bow hunt. Its been a few months since ive been because my rod broke . I love to tie my own flies as well. This has been my other addiction for 30+ years now.

Comment

I enjoy fly fishing...to add to that I just ordered a Tenkara rod and look forward to trying Tnekara style fishing

Comment

heading out this weekend to catch some brookies....

landed my first on a handtie the other day. Cuttys are really pretty. this gal was pink red from tip to tail.
        Attached Files

Comment

Where are you going, TBeak?

Comment

I'm going to take my brother in law to this little creek called West Beaver. its east of Cripple Creek and comes out of Skagway reservoir. not gonna catch anything huge but they hammer terrestrials like no ones business

Comment

Good luck! It's a good day just to be in the stream, even is nothing is caught!

I caught my only brookie in NM in May.

Comment

Fishing Cibolo creek near San Antonio. Been fly fishing for about 4 years, mostly bass and blue gill.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just caught my first catfish fly fishing today on Nolan creek in Killeen TX. I usually catch small bass and bluegill there

Comment

Headed back out with my skiff tomorrow for a few days of hunting the flats.

I run rigged with my custom 9wt \ Galvan on the deck and an 8wt TFO BVC \ Ross rigged in my starboard side rod rack, under the gunnel. I can stick 4 fully rigged fly rods up under my gunnels in my skiff - she's made for fly rods and skinny water.

I mix things up with topwater, plugs, metal and flies. I do it all on this skiff. I mix things up as the situation dictates. Kind of like hunting with several different weapons....spot and stalk style.

There ain't a bit of dead or live bait on my ride....it's all strat and trickery!

The two vertical rods on the starboard side console, come down to the front deck and lay rod tip aft. My fly rod is starboard side, rod tip aft. I cover miles of water, at times putting my Brute\Bison cooler up on that broad front deck for a bit of extra elevation and added visibility.

I'm a SICK SOB - SON!

Comment

Dang it Rob! One of these days I'm going to bribe you to take me fly fishing the salt!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        I had the honor of talking with Blane Chocklett the other night after the FWFF meeting. He's a really nice guy and it was neat to pick the brain of someone so ingenuitive in fly tying. I will be throwing bigger bugs soon. If you don't know who he is look him up, he's got some great patterns out there if you tie
                        Why didn't you listen to me when I talked to your club a few months ago. I told you guys to start using bigger flies and you would start catching bigger fish more consistently.

Comment

Finally got to put my tarpon rig together. 10 wt sage xi3 rod and nautilus Ng-v monster reel. Should be a beast! I took it out in the grass behind my house. Was throwing 80-90 ft without too much trouble. That was no leader or fly which would have added some. Can't wait to hit Belize in October!

Comment

Is that the Rio saltwater series line Doc? Just ordered it in 8wt for my new rig. I like the light blue color of the line over the orange I had.....

Comment

I think it's a rio but may be a scientific angler. I had the guys that I ordered the reel from out their favorite lines on there. I have a wf floater and a clear intermediate line on the 10 wt.

Comment

Doc, if you want it I have a special guide spacing for the xi3 that gives more accuracy up close but still let's it cast like a cannon

Comment

Working...
                                X