No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought me a new temple fork 6wt today. Hopefully can catch some fish with it. Still gotta pick up a reel and stuff

Comment

Gunnison Gorge pretrip and Day 1 is posted in the blog.

Follow below links.

The Pretrip

Day 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
        Just returned from the newest trout tailwater in America. Beavers Bend, Ok.[IMG][/IMG]

Just got in from our East Texas Fly Fishers monthly meeting and had several people report. Go to www.graywolfflyshop.com and you can see some pics. It is a totally different place they say. Lots of flagstone bedrock unearthed, and it is VERY slippery!!! Take a wading staff with metal point. Lots of places are MUCH DEEPER than before, so be careful!!! The bridge below the spillway is gone as is the bridge at either the flyshop (cold hole? or evening hole...can't remember. Also the Hwy 259 bridge over the red river is closed indefinitely, so take 37 to Idabell.

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
        Gunnison Gorge pretrip and Day 1 is posted in the blog.
        Looks like a great trip!

Comment

DAY 2 POSTED

Comment

Headed to Colorado next Thursday for 5 days to fish the Gold Streams!!!!

Comment

Offshore with the fly rod.

Port O'Connor Offshore

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                Offshore with the fly rod.

Port O'Connor Offshore

Not fair. I wanna go fishing

Comment

I caught fish in Alaska with rocks

Sure wanna go back!!!!

Comment

Wife and I took our first Orvis class a couple weeks ago.

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

I guess if I am gonna be a hunter out west I needed a good set up.

Comment

Looks great JT. Can't wait for the hunt recap and to see how you do with the fly rod. It's fun to watch guys get excited about the things I love!

Comment

My new baby came in this week. Will be taking her on a maiden voyage to Alaska on Tuesday. Will be chasing brown bears with a bow and silver salmon with the stick. Should be good!

The setup:
                          G loomis nrx 9 ft 8 weight
                          Nautilus nv-9 8/9 anodized in blue

Spare spool so I can carry a sink tip and a floater.

Comment

Fly fished the New river for small mouth and rock bass, and mountain streams for trout when I lived in VA. Now I mostly fly fish for bass in ponds or redfish in the flats.

Comment

Wow nice set up doc! Those salmon ought to be pretty fun. Good luck on the hunt as well

Comment

I've only been fly fishing about 6 or 7 total trips around the country but absolutely love it. We are still on beginner gear (5 weight white river stuff at bass pro).

We just got back from CO and NM in late July. Fished the San Juan in Pagosa first. Caught a lot of fish right at the resort we stayed at.

The Red and Cimarron in NM was next....the Red was just ok but the Cimarron was epic....tons of fish in the state park.

And finally fished the Blue in Breckenridge for the first time. Fishing was really good for us and we can't wait to go back.

My son really got into it and caught a lot of fish....this was his second fly fishing trip and he is hooked for life.

GoPro head.....

Comment

Working...
                                X