Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
    Another big brownie from the South Fork
    Colorado? I'm headed there in a few weeks.

Comment

That's a monster Derrik. Congrats! I gotta get up there and go do that one of these days.

Comment

Will be doing some fly fishing hopefully in Germany for some pike next month. Can’t wait!

Comment

Up in Bozeman for the weekend, anyone have any suggestions of stretches of river within 80 miles to check out? We have a loose plan but we can always call an audible. I’ll report back if someone is willing to help out a couple self guided fishermen.

Comment

Anyone have any recommendations for a DIY trip to Colorado next month? I'm considering driving up there for a week or so to do some fishing and hiking. I know nothing about Colorado. Not looking for spots, just general areas with access. I would rather catch wild trout as well. May just jump on a plane to Montana.

Also thinking about the Tri Basin Divide are in Wyoming.
            Last edited by Clay C; 08-15-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              Anyone have any recommendations for a DIY trip to Colorado next month? I'm considering driving up there for a week or so to do some fishing and hiking. I know nothing about Colorado. Not looking for spots, just general areas with access. I would rather catch wild trout as well. May just jump on a plane to Montana.

Also thinking about the Tri Basin Divide are in Wyoming.
              PM sent....

Comment

A few from my trip back over July 4th week. Headed back the first week of September to do it again....

Comment

Fished the White River for the first time this weekend. This was my son’s first float trip and he had a blast. The water flow was low and we never hooked into any of the huge browns I was looking for, but we lost count of the rainbows landed and they all fought hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For anyone interested in fly fishing the Texas Coast, I found out about this presentation on Livingwaters Fly Fishing facebook page:

"AFTER HOURS on FRIDAY September 16th at 7:00 P.M. for a special DIY on the Texas Coast presentation by Austin Orr

Austin will discuss the common fish that a fly angler on foot or by kayak can expect to encounter on our Texas Coast, along with where and how to catch them. Redfish, black drum, speckled trout, and even snook and tarpon will be covered! This event will be in person and simulcast via Zoom! Zoom link included below to attend online.

Austin Orr was given his first fly rod at the age of nine and never looked back. After arriving in the Corpus Christi area in 2008, he spent a decade exploring and fishing all the flats, beaches, jetties and nearshore rigs that he could walk, paddle or motor to. In 2011 he earned his Fly Casting Instructor certification from Fly Fishers International (FFI). In his day job, Austin works with TPWD Fisheries Management in San Marcos, helping ensure there are fish and beautiful places in which to catch them for future generations to come. In keeping with his passion for teaching, Austin started Elevate Fly Casting in 2019 to provide a resource for dedicated anglers who’d like to level up their casting and fishing knowledge."

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

Comment

bump

Comment

New state record Idaho rainbow/cutthroat hybrid caught on Henry’s Lake. It was 36” and bested the old record of 30”. She released it back in the lake after measuring it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFC22184-B026-4A4B-ABF6-A3BC0B8F7ABA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	24695946

Comment

Wow!!!!!!

Comment

Pyramid Lake Nevada
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I caught many fish out of that lake. I used a float tube, but the ladders were more popular

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                Nice! I caught many fish out of that lake. I used a float tube, but the ladders were more popular
                                Right on! That was my first trip and I learned a ton about that fishery. Making plans to go back this spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X