Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I just impulse bought my first setup at Roy's in Corpus yesterday.

Ended up with a 6wt TFO Mangrove Road (it was $100 off) and a Redington Behemoth 5/6 real plus some other items. I am fishing a bass lake later in the week on an exotic hunt, so looking forward to whipping some line around.
    Congrats. I'm saving up to get that rod and NTR reel in an 8wt.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
      That thing is a beast! Awesome fish. I’ll be up there in Wyoming next week with a box full of streamers.
      That's the flies that catch the big ones

Comment

How's the flow on the Platte, coming down some yet?

We have more monsoon rains coming this weekend.
        Muygrande don't overlook the small streams too, they may be mossy somewhat though.

Beauty of a brown trout, nice fish.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          How's the flow on the Platte, coming down some yet?

We have more monsoon rains coming this weekend.
          Muygrande don't overlook the small streams too, they may be mossy somewhat though.

Beauty of a brown trout, nice fish.
          Fremont Canyon was at 600 CFS, and Grey Reef was at 3,000 plus when we were there.

Comment

Weather has been crazy lately, cooler then a warm front. Water has been up and down, clear then murky on the Laramie.
            Do you ever venture down to Saratoga and hit the river there or down to Encampment to fish?
            Wondering how the fishing compares?
            We don't float very often at all and most of my fishing is very small streams.

Love your pics of Wyoming trout!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              Weather has been crazy lately, cooler then a warm front. Water has been up and down, clear then murky on the Laramie.
              Do you ever venture down to Saratoga and hit the river there or down to Encampment to fish?
              Wondering how the fishing compares?
              We don't float very often at all and most of my fishing is very small streams.

Love your pics of Wyoming trout!
              Saratoga is good fishing as well. The difference is the Platte is a freestone river there and not a tailwater like it is southwest of Casper.

Comment

Going out to our place on the Sabinal River for a week, going to target some panfish and guadalupe bass. Thankfully we still have water, will report back with some warm water action.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	25EE0F7F-B736-4FC6-8241-3CD046F6360E.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	24687125

I love this thread. I posted this pic in my semi-live PCT hike thread, but figured I would post here as well. I am walking the Pacific Crest Trail this summer with my wife and carrying a #1 weight rod. My total fishing gear is less than 10 ounces. We just completed the Sierras and caught many Golden and Brook Trout. These trout in the high sierras are plentiful, but not big. We are trying to make miles, so I only stop if a stream looks great. Mosquitoes can make it tough at times as well. I hope the hike to south Tahoe (next section) has sone decent water. I enjoy this thread and admire some of the big trout posted here!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    [ATTACH]1094397[/ATTACH]

I love this thread. I posted this pic in my semi-live PCT hike thread, but figured I would post here as well. I am walking the Pacific Crest Trail this summer with my wife and carrying a #1 weight rod. My total fishing gear is less than 10 ounces. We just completed the Sierras and caught many Golden and Brook Trout. These trout in the high sierras are plentiful, but not big. We are trying to make miles, so I only stop if a stream looks great. Mosquitoes can make it tough at times as well. I hope the hike to south Tahoe (next section) has sone decent water. I enjoy this thread and admire some of the big trout posted here!
                    Awesome! Post a pic of a brookie if you get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                      Awesome! Post a pic of a brookie if you get one.
                      If I am not mistaking, that picture is a brookie?
                      Attached Files

Comment

That’s a fantastic Brookie!!!! I am so jealous you are doing the PCT, I hope you write about it, that’s a dream journey. Good luck.

Comment

I have not looked back in the thread, but that and #2536 the wild cutthroat are the trophies of the thread.

Comment

That’s a Brook Trout

Comment

I love the Golden trout. I have only caught one about 30 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
                                I have not looked back in the thread, but that and #2536 the wild cutthroat are the trophies of the thread.
                                Wow! I was pretty happy with it, but did not realize it qualified as a trophy. I def need to stop and fish more!

Comment

Working...
                                X