No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fished in RMNP yesterday for greenback cutthroats. Spectacular day and the fishing was outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Today fished the East Inlet in Grand Lake for brookies.

Small fish but large views.

Comment

Also fished Moraine in RMNP and caught a double rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          Was cool seeing a 75-100lb jump in the air.

I think it’s a blast but I’ve had a lot of fun doing other fly trips as well. Next for me will be chasing the freshwater bonefish aka Carp. Heard that’s just as fun if not more.
          I am addicted to fly fishing for carp, but man they are some of the smartest **** fish, and can be down right impossible to catch at times. Like now, I cast to probably 25 different fish yesterday, and not one would take any thing I put in front of them.

Comment

I'm just here for the pictures....

A western fly fishing trip is on my short term do to list

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Today fished the East Inlet in Grand Lake for brookies.

Small fish but large views.

Gorgeous cutthroat and brook trout. Spectacular pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                Leaving Sunday for Montana. Drift trip on the Yellowstone on Monday then will be fly fishing Gallatin, Madison etc. for the following 4 days. Hope I'm successful enough to post a few pics!
                If you get a chance, try the 3 Dollar Bridge on the Madison, just downstream from Kelly Galloup’s fly shop.

Comment

Caught a northern pike at Stagecoach Reservoir today. The Yampa and Colorado are shut down with low flows and high temps. So we made the best of it and hit the lake today.

Comment

Heading to the Guadalupe this weekend. Bringing the 3wt to see what bass I can catch should be fun on such a light weight.

Couple bass made some good hits today on Lewisville

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                      Headed to fish the Snake early next month. Will be below the Palisades dam in Idaho. Can't wait.
                      Hit the South Fork on Saturday. Fishing was fantastic.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dadgummit, Ryan! You should have taken me! that’s a nice, fat Brown!

What are did you float? Which guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                          Nice brownie. The South fork holds some monsters.

Comment

Finally caught my first Guad on Brushy Creek yesterday. It has always bothered me that I never caught one so we were targeting them. Caught this one in the first few casts so everything else was just gravy. Caught close to 100 fish on 8 species between two of us
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                                Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.
                                O....M....God! Great Fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X