No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been in the Bitterroot valley since last Saturday and holy crap it’s been hot. Stoneflies have been good and fish are eating them but the windows are short.

Comment

Leaving Sunday for the Provo, Weber and mountain lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        We leave Thursday to fish the Snake and it’s tributaries in Jackson, WY.

Been working on contributing to my fly box with some hand tied drys, nymphs, and terrestrials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Very jealous. The Snake is on fire from what I am hearing. I am trying to figure out a way to get up there later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
          Very jealous. The Snake is on fire from what I am hearing. I am trying to figure out a way to get up there later this week.

I’ve heard the same, ready to hit the water Thursday evening.

Comment

Headed to fish the Snake early next month. Will be below the Palisades dam in Idaho. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
              Heading out for Tarpon in key west on Saturday. Should be interesting on the fly
              Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                Any luck?
                Hooked up to a few but was a very interesting experience.

First one I hook set wrong second one guide said barracuda bit tippet and the tarpon got off.

Comment

First one I hook set wrong second one guide said barracuda bit tippet and the tarpon got off.
                  Hope you had some good hookups. I was instantly addicted after my first tarpon trip, and I didn't even land one. Nothing quite like hooking and battling a tarpon on the fly.
                  Last edited by Vermin93; 07-07-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Was cool seeing a 75-100lb jump in the air.

I think it’s a blast but I’ve had a lot of fun doing other fly trips as well. Next for me will be chasing the freshwater bonefish aka Carp. Heard that’s just as fun if not more.

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Hope you had some good hookups. I was instantly addicted after my first tarpon trip, and I didn't even land one. Nothing quite like hooking and battling a tarpon on the fly.

Comment

Had a great day throwing poppers catching smallmouth on the White River in Indiana.

Comment

Leaving Sunday for Montana. Drift trip on the Yellowstone on Monday then will be fly fishing Gallatin, Madison etc. for the following 4 days. Hope I'm successful enough to post a few pics!

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                          Leaving Sunday for Montana. Drift trip on the Yellowstone on Monday then will be fly fishing Gallatin, Madison etc. for the following 4 days. Hope I'm successful enough to post a few pics!
                          Sounds like a great trip. Good luck!

Comment

Could you share the name of the guide you used? I'm headed out to Miami/Fort Lauderdale next week and was hoping I could get some fishing in, specially if its tarpon on the fly.

Comment

Capt dexter Simmons but I wouldn’t use him again. We hit a channel marker at 30 and he still charged me full price.

He put us on fish but I’ve heard lots of the guides down there are just not that great. Better be a really good caster with 12wts or you’ll catch heck from the guides all day

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post
                              Could you share the name of the guide you used? I'm headed out to Miami/Fort Lauderdale next week and was hoping I could get some fishing in, specially if its tarpon on the fly.

Comment

Went fly fishing for Bream on Wednesday, had a blast! Kept 34 nice sized Bream. Cant post pics for some reason.

I really love Bream fishing with Fly tackle....extremely fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X