How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Just got back from there. The water was a little high, but not bad at all. I caught more fish and bigger fish than I have in a long time. I was playing with streamers and big Woolly Buggers. But a lot of quality fish came on big dry flies (#12) Cubby Chernobyl.
    Thanks so much for the info. Can't wait to get there. This trip is definitely the highlight of my summer every year.

Comment

Caught some chunkies on a wooly booger and 1 deceivingly small bass

Click image for larger version

Name:	0E5324C5-672B-41F0-A0E7-EA76979A16B3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	24654563

Name:	63264890-5FDB-4F46-B6D3-53AE957CDF45.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	24654564

Name:	3B66F591-86B2-4A61-820C-FD7DDBFCE7D8.jpg
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	24654565

Name:	DE0740ED-5E14-425E-8282-284C7CA852CD.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24654566

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post
        Very jealous of all the trout

Although this isn't nearly as cool, me and my buddy went to Brushy Creek in Round Rock Sunday to target cichlids. It was a tough bite with most guarding nests and not interested in eating but we managed a few, and a few other species
        Tykam, you need to go back and complete the Brushy Creek Slam:

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Tykam, you need to go back and complete the Brushy Creek Slam:

I'm a sucker for a checklist. I'm missing 5 of those. I will have to go back even sooner now, thanks for sharing

Comment

Any of you fellas ever fish in the Tahoe area in mid July? Never been, but will be out that way next month. Any guides or tips on locations? TIA

Comment

Heading out for Tarpon in key west on Saturday. Should be interesting on the fly

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                Heading out for Tarpon in key west on Saturday. Should be interesting on the fly
                That should be a thrill if you can hook up!

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                  Any of you fellas ever fish in the Tahoe area in mid July? Never been, but will be out that way next month. Any guides or tips on locations? TIA
                  Hit Mountain Hardware in Truckee, CA, there is plenty of good fishing on the Truckee River and the Little Truckee River. They will point you in the right direction. If you are on the South shore you may drive over Echo Summit and hit the American river/ Silver Fork or Caples Creek area.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post

I fished the Little Truckee a couple yrs ago in early Aug when we were in Tahoe. Call or text John Roberts (530) 448-6268. He was an excellent guide. We started at daylight and fished hard before the sun got high in the sky and the activity slowed. Beautiful area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent a week in Colorado with the wife and dog last week. One of my goals was to catch a trout on the Rio Grande after last year getting skunked on it. We stopped at the last bridge I could find that crossed the Rio up above Creede and stopped off have a look. Wife sat on the bank with a picnic lunch and the doggo and I took off for trout. Hooked up on my third cast after watching a trout hit flies on the surface behind a bolder. Told her there was one there that I could catch and did it. I caught lots more but I didnt mess with a lot of pictures. And yes Gunner (the golden) stood by on lots of trip into the water. It was a fun trip.

Name:	trout2.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24654630

Name:	trout1.jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24654631

Comment

South Dakota browns were taking small soft hackles and prince nymphs this morning.

Comment

you guys are killing me!

Comment

We leave Thursday to fish the Snake and it’s tributaries in Jackson, WY.

Been working on contributing to my fly box with some hand tied drys, nymphs, and terrestrials.

Comment

Making a trip to Southern Wyoming sometime in August to attempt the Cutthroat Slam. Going with Veteran Help Foundation Wyoming Chapter. Been slowly buying flies and gear to take on the trip. I haven't really flyfished since 92-93 in Washington, so definitely relearning my casting and presentation. Ended up buying an Orvis Clearwater 6WT rod, was given a Ross Cimarron C-2 reel that I loaded with Rio floating line. Bought me a fly vest and small net, already had the waders and boots. Never been to Wyoming, so I am getting excited.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

just got done fishing some mountain lakes in the pecos wilderness.... not at all a fly fisherman but have a flyrod and caught a few this past week

Comment

Working...
                                X