No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho in less than a month. We are fishing the Spokane River close to downtown Spokane and then the St Joe River in Idaho. Going to be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
      I think I posted in this thread earlier, but just read the last several months worth.
      #1 I'm jealous of you boys with the clear rivers.
      #2 wore out the sandbass this spring. I think my count was something like 540.
      #3 carp on the fly are a blast. I managed 3 during the sandbass run with 2 more foul hooked.
      My next quest will be a Rio Grande Cichlid, in a few weeks! (Tips and tricks for those are welcomed. I've never seen one or fished waters that have them.)
      [emoji2957]upside down pic is a bonus
      Rios will be laid up in calm water out of the current. This is a good time of year for them. They seem to like stuff falling through the water column. They have pretty small mouths. I have caught a ton of them on Brushy Creek in Round Rock. They are pretty thick on parts of the San Gabriel also. I use a gnat or a small worm. Micro woolly buggers work. Small terrestrials seem to be a great way to go also.
      Last edited by dosrobles; 01-26-2022, 06:50 AM.

Comment

One of my players was fishing at the local golf course, I brought the old fly rod and showed him what’s up!!!!
        Heading to the Provo in July, been before and caught a truck load, going more for size this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by St59 View Post
          Curious if anyone has taken fly rods down the brazos? I’m planning the overnight kayak trip, if anyone is interested in tagging along. Using rochelles shuttle service
          I fly fish the Brazos all the time, and have done the 16-4 trip to Rochelles a bunch over the past 20 years. Mostly fish it between Whitney and Waco, but love that stretch up there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            I fly fish the Brazos all the time, and have done the 16-4 trip to Rochelles a bunch over the past 20 years. Mostly fish it between Whitney and Waco, but love that stretch up there too.
            If you have any tips or want to join in someday let me know. I’m a newbie with the brazos so just trying to get as much info ahead of time

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
              I think I posted in this thread earlier, but just read the last several months worth.
              #1 I'm jealous of you boys with the clear rivers.
              #2 wore out the sandbass this spring. I think my count was something like 540.
              #3 carp on the fly are a blast. I managed 3 during the sandbass run with 2 more foul hooked.
              My next quest will be a Rio Grande Cichlid, in a few weeks! (Tips and tricks for those are welcomed. I've never seen one or fished waters that have them.)
              [emoji2957]upside down pic is a bonus
              Call Living Water fly shop in Round Rock. They can help with the Cichild finishing. Also a book Fly Fishing Central Texas is good source. The damsel fly which I believe is a dragon fly nymph is used. I have caught them in a elk hair caddis missing link.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
                Call Living Water fly shop in Round Rock. They can help with the Cichild finishing. Also a book Fly Fishing Central Texas is good source. The damsel fly which I believe is a dragon fly nymph is used. I have caught them in a elk hair caddis missing link.
                I plan to stop by Living Waters on the way down. Thanks!
                Thanks to this thread, I guess I'll pack my stuff and fish Colorado in July as well. I've never been impressed with trout fishing, but some of the pics in this thread are making me second guess my thoughts on that!

Comment

If your in RR during the week give me a shout. I live on Brushy and I’d be happy to show you around. I’ll shoot a number in PM

Comment

Pms full

Comment

Just stumbled on this on FB and thought this group may want to know about it.

Looks like a new fly shop is opening 4 June in Rockport -

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        Just stumbled on this on FB and thought this group may want to know about it.

Looks like a new fly shop is opening 4 June in Rockport -

https://www.facebook.com/TheFlyTrapCo/
                        It’s been open a couple months, they’re having their official grand opening this Saturday. Good people, I contribute regularly

Comment

Bumping this thread back to the top. Wife and I took a trip to Montana a couple weeks ago and I booked two float trips with different outfits fishing the Madison. I’ve done some fly fishing for bass and perch but this was her first experience with it.

She wasn’t feeling well the first day so I went solo. I had a pretty good day with the catch being about half and half, rainbows and whitefish. The second day we put her at the front of the boat and she was casting and catching fish in no time. The water level was noticeably higher and dirtier the second day. We caught more rainbows, a couple browns, and whitefish in the mix on day two.

I didn’t realize how fast the fly guides like to just dump the fish back in the water after it gets in the net, but I caught on quick. We didn’t get pics of all them, but managed pics of a few. The rest of the images are snips from GoPro and Osmo footage.

Wife has already made us stop at a couple fly shops since we've been home, picked up a book, been all over the SIMMS website about a dozen times, been watching fly fishing on Prime TV and IG, and informed me last night we are going to Bass Pro next week to pick her up a fly rod setup. This trip created a monster.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Vacationing in Colorado right now. Caught this rainbow earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Karla and I are in Idaho right now. We fished the Spokane River on Sunday and fishing the St. Joe River tomorrow. It’s our first ever fly fishing adventure.

Comment

Mooseontheloose, check out the Orvis store for the free lessons, they also give you a big coupon off their rods and reels when you take the free Fly Fishing 101 class. Looks like some great pics above. Ill be in Montana in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X