No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent tossed a fly in over a year until tonight.

Basically trophy fishing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Any recommendations on a fly rod setup for a complete newb? Maybe stay under $250? Probably a 4wt-5wt for stream fishing in Colorado mainly. Something decent that I’m not going to feel the need to upgrade in a few months.
      I need this info also. Especially need something that can break down to travel and fly with.

Comment

I fit a 8' 6" 4pc rod in my travel duffel.

Comment

When you want to double haul a 12wt for tarpon , but you have a 5wt...at your pond.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished out of Islamorada with Captain Jared Raskob end of July for 2 days. The first day and first spot the tarpon were gulping shrimp and rolling right off the bow for 1/2 mile at that stop. We waited and positioned for each shot. I landed 6 out of 7 eats by hungry tarpon in the first hour after sunrise on the first day. I couldn’t contain my excitement! Silver Kings are as cool or much better as everyone says and better in person. They fight all the way to the boat. Be prepared to get splashed. We also targeted permit, bonefish, snook, and redfish. Captain Jared put us in a school of 700+ redfish that pushed a wake 100s of feet long. At one time we had 5 fish on at once. It was just my wife and I and we went end of July. We are already figuring out when we are going back which will most likely be next March and take the kids.

It was my first of many tarpon on a fly and definitely the trip we were hoping for.

We also fished with Captain Lee Robinson on the Jackpot “Fish the Jackpot” is his business name out of Tavernier. We kept 27 mahi mahi and kept one on the fly.

We stayed at Post Card Inn and will stay there again. If anyone wants to fish the keys and has any questions I can try to help.

Sardine type fly. They would hit big tandem hook poppers too.

I think this one was the biggest I got

My first on a fly or ever

30lb. Permit on spinner with live crab. He said they’re just too fast and hard to catch on a fly at this spot.

Some redfish

Literally a school of 700+ and we had 5 on at one time.

Some other pics from the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
              Fished out of Islamorada with Captain Jared Raskob end of July for 2 days. The first day and first spot the tarpon were gulping shrimp and rolling right off the bow for 1/2 mile at that stop. We waited and positioned for each shot. I landed 6 out of 7 eats by hungry tarpon in the first hour after sunrise on the first day. I couldn’t contain my excitement! Silver Kings are as cool or much better as everyone says and better in person. They fight all the way to the boat. Be prepared to get splashed. We also targeted permit, bonefish, snook, and redfish. Captain Jared put us in a school of 700+ redfish that pushed a wake 100s of feet long. At one time we had 5 fish on at once. It was just my wife and I and we went end of July. We are already figuring out when we are going back which will most likely be next March and take the kids.

It was my first of many tarpon on a fly and definitely the trip we were hoping for.

We also fished with Captain Lee Robinson on the Jackpot “Fish the Jackpot” is his business name out of Tavernier. We kept 27 mahi mahi and kept one on the fly.

We stayed at Post Card Inn and will stay there again. If anyone wants to fish the keys and has any questions I can try to help.

Sardine type fly. They would hit big tandem hook poppers too.

I think this one was the biggest I got

My first on a fly or ever

30lb. Permit on spinner with live crab. He said they’re just too fast and hard to catch on a fly at this spot.

Some redfish

Literally a school of 700+ and we had 5 on at one time.

Some other pics from the trip.

Looks like an epic trip. I’m supposed to be in Maui right now on a bonefish flat so I’m jealous of these pictures

Comment

Looks like a trip of a lifetime. Great work

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F8B2BBC-37F0-43E8-A7C7-3BC2FA9E80B8.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24629643

My best one this summer. 14lb 2oz
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just topped it! 21lb 6oz. Click image for larger version

Name:	C999883D-7E22-4BA3-BDFE-B762D4637222.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	24632066

Comment

[QUOTE=Aggie_bowtech;15095491]Fished out of Islamorada with Captain Jared Raskob end of July for 2 days. The first day and first spot the tarpon were gulping shrimp and rolling right off the bow for 1/2 mile at that stop. We waited and positioned for each shot. I landed 6 out of 7 eats by hungry tarpon in the first hour after sunrise on the first day. I couldn’t contain my excitement! Silver Kings are as cool or much better as everyone says and better in person. They fight all the way to the boat. Be prepared to get splashed. We also targeted permit, bonefish, snook, and redfish. Captain Jared put us in a school of 700+ redfish that pushed a wake 100s of feet long. At one time we had 5 fish on at once. It was just my wife and I and we went end of July. We are already figuring out when we are going back which will most likely be next March and take the kids.

Solid trip! I’ve seen him guide on TV before.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Just topped it! 21lb 6oz. [ATTACH]1019868[/ATTACH]
                        Carp slayer!

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Just topped it! 21lb 6oz. [ATTACH]1019868[/ATTACH]
                          Outstanding, must have been an awesome fight. Congrats

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

This was one of the nicer bass I caught on a fly rod. Thanks
                            https://youtu.be/NEZn9ecmMcc

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The 7wt was a “bit” overkill but it’s what I had in the truck. This is the Trout Pond at Lake Bob Sandlin SP today.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                                When you want to double haul a 12wt for tarpon , but you have a 5wt...at your pond.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                                Should get a 00 for those, if you want a sporting event.

Comment

Working...
                                X