How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Just got back from a three week trip. Fished the White River, Gunnison, Madison, Laramie and many smaller streams.
    And how’d ya do??

Comment

Very nice thread rolling through here. So excited to be going on a few trips this month myself.

Comment

I’m new to the game. I managed to have some luck this weekend on the Big Thompson River outside Estes Park.
        Last edited by DJames; 07-05-2020, 02:00 PM. Reason: .

Comment

My wife took my fly rod while I was swimming with my kids, I was watching her for at least 15 minutes throwing towards the same spot until she finally snagged a nice little Rio!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I'm gonna fish Brushy Creek in a couple weeks, mostly targeting Rios. I've never caught one, so I plan to fix that. Been tying some flies for them lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Nice! I'm gonna fish Brushy Creek in a couple weeks, mostly targeting Rios. I've never caught one, so I plan to fix that. Been tying some flies for them lately.

Very nice!!!! She caught hers on a white wholly bugger. I have also caught them on a San Juan worm. Good luck.

Comment

Headed to Durango for a week on Saturday. We have a guide booked for the San Juan on Tuesday and the cabin we are staying at is on the Animas. I haven't been particularly excited about fly fishing for awhile, but I am pretty pumped up.

Comment

Enjoy the break from this oppressive heat! I got back yesterday.

Comment

Lots of mountain streams in western nc. 4wt setup is good back East.

Comment

My sons and I are headed to the Pagosa area Saturday (July 11). Anyone been in that part of the state recently? Wondering how the streams and rivers are flowing with all the drought talk.

Comment

Anyone recognize this type of fly? I had a few, think I got them in Colorado but can’t remember. Anyway, bass have been killing them lately and I’m down to one last raggedy one. Any thoughts on the ID? Thanks fellas.

Comment

Was in the backyard this morning and noticed the fish sipping bugs on the surface. They don’t do that often so I pulled the fly rod out. Got a baby and a momma.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                            Anyone recognize this type of fly? I had a few, think I got them in Colorado but can’t remember. Anyway, bass have been killing them lately and I’m down to one last raggedy one. Any thoughts on the ID? Thanks fellas.

Dragonfly nymph maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                              Dragonfly nymph maybe.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post

Do you have any pictures of it before the “ raggedy” look ? I am sure I could reproduce it, but not sure what it is, was. The way it looks now, I would say a very light colored dragon fly nymph, with lead eyes possibly.
                                Last edited by critter69; 07-13-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X