How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    Did a fly slam in Key West today! Captain Steve Hancock did a hell of a job. Permit is my new favorite fish. First time fishing for any of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s Awesome congrats on the Slam! Nice Perm!!

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Haven’t fished at all yet up here, but something much better happened. Asked the woman I love to marry me and she said yes! That was Saturday and we have been on cloud 9 since. She’s asleep at the moment, but I’m enjoying every bit of light over the Bitterroot valley that I can. When I can’t see my hand in front of my face I’ll go to sleep. Until then, I’m not wasting a second of the view.

Last edited by Clay C; 06-22-2020, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Haven’t fished at all yet up here, but something much better happened. Asked the woman I love to marry me and she said yes! That was Saturday and we have been on cloud 9 since. She’s asleep at the moment, but I’m enjoying every bit of light over the Bitterroot valley that I can. When I can’t see my hand in front of my face I’ll go to sleep. Until then, I’m not wasting a second of the view.

Congrats man, that’s great.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

woohooo!

Comment

Booked a trip for bone fish in Cozumel on the 4th. First time.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                That’s Awesome congrats on the Slam! Nice Perm!!

All of this. Great job. How would you rank your casting skills?

Comment

Headed to Colorado today! Don’t know how the flows will be, but gonna give her a try. Going hit the Conejos, clear creek, Taylor creek, Arkansas River, maybe trappers lake, and Delores river......have had past luck in all the above!
                  Watch your top knots....

Comment

Originally posted by Hands On View Post
                    Headed to Colorado today! Don’t know how the flows will be, but gonna give her a try. Going hit the Conejos, clear creek, Taylor creek, Arkansas River, maybe trappers lake, and Delores river......have had past luck in all the above!
                    Watch your top knots....

Flows were still relatively high two weeks ago, we fished tail waters and had a couple of great days. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                      All of this. Great job. How would you rank your casting skills?
                      I would rate them good. However, was my first time casting 9-12 weight rods. Casting to the permit was challenging, he had me casting side arm to have a delicate splash from the fly. Learned a lot on the trip, and will do it again

Comment

South Dakota trout the last couple of days. There is an excellent brown trout fishery in Rapid City, which is hard to imagine but true. Right behind the grain bins downtown.

Went through Spearfish canyon today and got my son involved in landing a brown and rainbow. His first trout action on a fly rod.

Comment

Good stuff, I love SD, if you have a chance check out the hatchery in Spearfish. I fished the Deschutes yesterday. Fishing was great, catching not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            Good stuff, I love SD, if you have a chance check out the hatchery in Spearfish. I fished the Deschutes yesterday. Fishing was great, catching not so much.

Yeah I need to check out the hatchery one of these days.

The Deschutes in WA? I worked on a bull trout project in that area in ‘02. Great place.

Comment

Oregon, I fished the Snoqualmie in WA today. Didn't have much time but saw some nice scenery.

Comment

Just got back from a three week trip. Fished the White River, Gunnison, Madison, Laramie and many smaller streams.

Comment

Working...
                                X