No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Montana next Friday. Only have 3 days of fishing officially on the books, but the GF is In for a rude awakening. I have the Big Hole, Upper Clark and a few small creeks I like on the agenda to fill the other 6 days [emoji16]

Not my favorite time of year, but still pumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Heading to Montana next Friday. Only have 3 days of fishing officially on the books, but the GF is In for a rude awakening. I have the Big Hole, Upper Clark and a few small creeks I like on the agenda to fill the other 6 days [emoji16]

In for the pics Clay, heading to Whitefish next month for a week. First time staying in Montana.

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
        In for the pics Clay, heading to Whitefish next month for a week. First time staying in Montana.

Enjoy! I haven’t made it up that far north yet but it’s on the agenda for one of these days.

Last edited by Clay C; 06-11-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

^^^^ Legit!!!! San Juan? Gunnison???

Fished Deckers this morning.

Comment

That is a heck of a day Jaker!!! Ill be in the Sierras at the end of the month then Pacific NW. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

I spent 8 days in Montana before coming down to Colorado. Most everything was blown out last week but should be clearing up more every day. Rivers edge fly shop in Bozeman just opened up and is worth a stop if you are going through there. I had a BOA break on my boot and they were super helpful. It’s a very well set up shop on Main Street.

Comment

Whitefish is a great little town, I spent 2 nights there last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  I spent 8 days in Montana before coming down to Colorado. Most everything was blown out last week but should be clearing up more every day. Rivers edge fly shop in Bozeman just opened up and is worth a stop if you are going through there. I had a BOA break on my boot and they were super helpful. It’s a very well set up shop on Main Street.

Yeah they should be down by the time we get there. Hopefully not too much. We are flying in to Bozeman (only flight we could get in the entire state through United) but aren’t staying there this trip. I’m planning on being there later this summer to visit a friend so I’ll be sure and check that shop out.

Comment

What shoes do you wear when you wet wade?

I've got wading boots and neoprane wading socks, but was curious if folks just go with old tennis shoes

Comment

Did a fly slam in Key West today! Captain Steve Hancock did a hell of a job. Permit is my new favorite fish. First time fishing for any of these.

Comment

Wow man congrats, that’s a heck of a day. I caught a permit on my first cast at one. I have friends who have made two or three trips without landing a permit and it drives them crazy. Glad it all came together for you

Comment

Crazy impressive!!!!

Comment

That’s a great day. I didn’t realize there are permit in key west. I’ve missed a couple in Belize.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              What shoes do you wear when you wet wade?

I've got wading boots and neoprane wading socks, but was curious if folks just go with old tennis shoes
                              Simms boots and neoprene. I have never worn tennis shoes in the river wading.

Comment

Thanks gents! Going to enter the grand slam with igfa.

Comment

Working...
                                X