No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stalked up to this carp in about 8-10” of water. Couple casts and game on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is my son catching a drum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Surf fishing in poc

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post

Here is my son catching a drum

He caught this on a Fly rod???????

Comment

Last edited by Barrett; 04-01-2020, 07:47 AM. Reason: Did not work at all

Comment

Living Waters Fly Fishing

FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT TODAY AT 10 AM!!!
              -----------------
              10:00 A.M. - Saturday, April 4th – Creek Class with Chris Johnson

This event will be held exclusively on Facebook Live and Instagram Live

Chris has fished Brushy Creek for most of his life and has spent more hours fly fishing the creek than anyone we know. We are pleased to announce that this event can be attended from the comfort of your own easy chair – sadly, we aren’t delivering Round Rock donuts or coffee. Make sure that you comment on here if you have any questions that you would like Chris to answer regarding Brushy Creek. Some of the topics he will be discussing include:

- Targeting BIG bass in Brushy Creek
              - Targeting Rio Grande Cichlids Year-Round
              - Fly Selection from Top to Bottom
              - Hatches: How the Fish Respond
              - Golden Opportunities: How to Call Your Shots
              - Reading the Water: How to Identify the Best of the Best

Make sure that you tune in and join us for this LIVE event and comment below with any questions you would like Chris to answer! Y’all stay safe and we look forward to connecting with everyone on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/LivingWater...jtU3hgCAFIc69E

Comment

on now

ttt

Comment

Hopefully this will get the attention of those "in the know" without me having to start a thread.
                  I've now caught my share of sandbass on the fly, which was my sole purpose to try flyfishing. Two questions I have:
                  Is is possible after hours in the water for your floating line to become saturated to where it sinks?
                  After hours in the water (you know, that point when your fingers start to shrivel), is there something you can do to make the line "slick" so it still glides through your fingers instead of sticking?
                  I hope that makes sense. I don't know all of the proper terminology yet.
                  Oh, one more thing that kind of struck a nerve with me. As flyfishers, how many of you are "elitest"?
                  Just like my hunting, I enjoy hunting by several means, not just a bow.
                  I've had more than one person tell my if it wasn't caught on a fly, it doesn't count. I like to catch lots of fish, regardless of the delivery of the bait. How is a dedicated fly guy going to catch fish on the bottom in 20' of water?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                    I stalked up to this carp in about 8-10” of water. Couple casts and game on!!

Nice, I am addicted to them ugly suckers. Just got started here, this year, ice is just leaving the lakes ( I’ve caught five or six so far) and now the snow returned. I am sure it will put them “ off” another week or two. Just curious what fly( s) you use, I tye them and always looking for new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                      Hopefully this will get the attention of those "in the know" without me having to start a thread.
                      I've now caught my share of sandbass on the fly, which was my sole purpose to try flyfishing. Two questions I have:
                      Is is possible after hours in the water for your floating line to become saturated to where it sinks?
                      After hours in the water (you know, that point when your fingers start to shrivel), is there something you can do to make the line "slick" so it still glides through your fingers instead of sticking?
                      I hope that makes sense. I don't know all of the proper terminology yet.
                      Oh, one more thing that kind of struck a nerve with me. As flyfishers, how many of you are "elitest"?
                      Just like my hunting, I enjoy hunting by several means, not just a bow.
                      I've had more than one person tell my if it wasn't caught on a fly, it doesn't count. I like to catch lots of fish, regardless of the delivery of the bait. How is a dedicated fly guy going to catch fish on the bottom in 20' of water?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                      Fast sinking line, and a weighted fly ! Lol, I am no fly fisherman ( at least an elitest, far far from it). They make a fly line conditioner, fly line float-ant, it helps but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Nice, I am addicted to them ugly suckers. Just got started here, this year, ice is just leaving the lakes ( I’ve caught five or six so far) and now the snow returned. I am sure it will put them “ off” another week or two. Just curious what fly( s) you use, I tye them and always looking for new ones.

I caught it on a fly I thought was called a carp-it-bomb from Matt Bennett (look up Fly Geek Custom Flies). But, it doesn’t look the same. Here is a picture of what I used.

I bought about 6 different ones from Gruene Outfitters and used this same one but more orange color to it. It was barbless and in glad a caught a catfish too which jumped the fly before the carp so I knew to keep 110% pressure on the carp. It’s light and will get right in the mud and has a really strong hook, obviously.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                          I caught it on a fly I thought was called a carp-it-bomb from Matt Bennett (look up Fly Geek Custom Flies). But, it doesn’t look the same. Here is a picture of what I used.

I bought about 6 different ones from Gruene Outfitters and used this same one but more orange color to it. It was barbless and in glad a caught a catfish too which jumped the fly before the carp so I knew to keep 110% pressure on the carp. It’s light and will get right in the mud and has a really strong hook, obviously.

Good luck!!

That fly is called an Articulated Scarpion by fishchaseflies the tyer is chase smith

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is my latest fly fishing excursion

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice fish!!

Comment

Couple of fly fishing firsts for me, both with a wet carp fly:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by AZ&F'sDaddy; 04-17-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X