How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Sweet, I’ve got a place on Baffin that I have been wanting to run a skiff out of. Lots of back lakes and flats to pole I just can’t get skinny enough out of my bay boat.

It’s been great so far for my needs with shallow water. It will run scary skinny but you have to pick your days to fish it. Not fun when it’s rough.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      I’m going nuts thinking about going to New Zealand to fish for brown trout. Has anyone been there and done it?
      It’s been 5 years, and we did not go specifically to fish, so I was able to fish only one day. We stayed in Queenstown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8ECDDBDE-DF5C-450A-8699-91B0CE6C326F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	24592814

Comment

Beautiful scenery!

Comment

Catching monsters on the Blanco.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post

Catching monsters on the Blanco.

Same on the Frio.

Comment

Me and keep (Jim) got off our lease this year so he talked me into going to Idaho in August. I liked it so much we went back again in September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few more pics...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                  A few more pics...

Nice! Some beautiful Cuts there.

Comment

I’ve never done any fly fishing, but I’ve really been wanting to give it a try. I have a fly rod that was my dad’s. I’m not sure if it’s any good. I know zero about that stuff. My aunt is retired and works part time at an Orvis store up around Denver. She’s big into fly fishing. I guess I need to learn to cast first? Any advice or tips on what I need to do?

Comment

I'm ready to go back! You guys had some darn good fishing Alan, and you got introduced to the sport the right way! Is that Tyler you are fishing with? I wish we could have met up but we were tangled up with mixing our fishing with entertaining family!

Where is that with the high canyon walls? Teton? South Fork?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        I'm ready to go back! You guys had some darn good fishing Alan, and you got introduced to the sport the right way! Is that Tyler you are fishing with? I wish we could have met up but we were tangled up with mixing our fishing with entertaining family!

Where is that with the high canyon walls? Teton? South Fork?
                        Tyler in the 2nd to last pic and Paul in the others. The canyon wall pics are sec 2 and 3 of the South Fork except the one pic with Tom and Jim and that is the Teton.

Comment

Tyler in the 2nd to last pic and Paul in the others. The canyon wall pics are sec 2 and 3 of the South Fork except the one pic with Tom and Jim and that is the Teton.

I could not get my bro-in-law to want to go that far south from where we were (Henry's Lake) . Perhaps next year!

Comment

Love fly fishing though I don’t get out much. 100% agree it’s the bow hunting of fishing..there’s much more efficient ways to kill deer or catch fish but then there’s no challenge. At least that my justification for not catching any fish or killing any deer!! Maybe it’s just me [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I could not get my bro-in-law to want to go that far south from where we were (Henry's Lake) . Perhaps next year!
                              We went to Sec 2 the first trip and sec 3 the 2nd trip. In those 2 days including finishing early the last so we could get to the airport we caught 4 species of trout and 82 fish. It was worth it! 😃

Comment

We went to Sec 2 the first trip and sec 3 the 2nd trip. In those 2 days including finishing early the last so we could get to the airport we caught 4 species of trout and 82 fish. It was worth it! 😃
                                Wow! That is an amazing trip. That river and the Box Canyon are officially on my bucket list!

Comment

Working...
                                X