• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Great pics! We leave tomorrow morning. Cannot wait to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          We had a short 3 hour window to fish before our flight home today so we went back to Moraine Park to fish the Thompson.

Lots of small browns on a hopper with a bead head drop.
          Sure did suck to get off the flight and have the humidity punch you in the face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How far back were you tying your dropper? Looks pretty shallow in the picture, could you sight cast them or just letting it drift down current?

Comment

Been trying to catch up on this thread but it’s pretty long. Any one have recommendations on a beginner set up? Mainly for perch and small bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
              Been trying to catch up on this thread but it’s pretty long. Any one have recommendations on a beginner set up? Mainly for perch and small bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I currently kayak fish with 2 flyrods a 7.5 foot 4wt and 8 foot 6wt both are fiberglass rods. If you are fishing in the tx hill country and you want to get 1 rod, I would get a 5wt around 8 foot that is a full flex or slower rod. A full flex rod help with casting under cover and you can get away with a shorter rod for bass and pan fish. Here's one of my rods...

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                How far back were you tying your dropper? Looks pretty shallow in the picture, could you sight cast them or just letting it drift down current?
                15 inches or so on the drop. Not sight casting on the Thompson just getting a good drift on the good looking stuff. There are lots of good deeper holes but I never really got hung up even on the shallower stuff.

I caught most of them yesterday on the hopper (size 16). PM headed your way.

Comment

Fished two days. Most of my fish were this size but they all came on a dry fly which makes it sweeter. I fished the tributaries like I prefer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    We had a short 3 hour window to fish before our flight home today so we went back to Moraine Park to fish the Thompson.

Lots of small browns on a hopper with a bead head drop.
                    Sure did suck to get off the flight and have the humidity punch you in the face.

Nice. I’ve been trying to catch something all week on the Big T. Hopefully last day will prevail one.

Comment

I have had a couple of rod for a while and finally got a fish on one!! Small bass ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Start tying

Comment

Do you folks all fish barbless hook?? I am not sure if the little bass made it after I released him. He took the little fly way to far in and it was a mess getting it out. I had not noticed the flies I had all had barbed hooks...

Comment

Paging Burnadell. Report from Eagle's Nest Lake??? Pike- No Pike
                            Pedernal, I am to new to all this to give a solid answer, but the few I have tied have had barbs.
                            Unfortunately even Bluegill can have an aggressive eat when the fly first contacts water and gets deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                              Paging Burnadell. Report from Eagle's Nest Lake??? Pike- No Pike
                              Pedernal, I am to new to all this to give a solid answer, but the few I have tied have had barbs.
                              Unfortunately even Bluegill can have an aggressive eat when the fly first contacts water and gets deep.
                              Fishing sucked on Eagle Nest Lake. It was one of those deals where "you should have been here last week! We talked to a couple of guys who were leaving and caught 110 yellow perch, but that was not what we wanted. Apparently, the pike fishing has deteriorated the last number of years. They are still there, but they are not easy to catch on a fly rod!

We just got into Soaring Eagle Lodge below the San Juan River Dam and will fish it via a drift boat the next 2 1/2 days. We are excited about the possibilities. If nothing else, Elk tenderloin is on the menu for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Fishing sucked on Eagle Nest Lake. It was one of those deals where "you should have been here last week! We talked to a couple of guys who were leaving and caught 110 yellow perch, but that was not what we wanted. Apparently, the pike fishing has deteriorated the last number of years. They are still there, but they are not easy to catch on a fly rod!

We just got into Soaring Eagle Lodge below the San Juan River Dam and will fish it via a drift boat the next 2 1/2 days. We are excited about the possibilities. If nothing else, Elk tenderloin is on the menu for tonight!
                                Bummer, Randy. I was hoping to see a pic you and a big pike. Have you ever eaten yellow perch though? GOOOOOOOD eating.

Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X