How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    Ill be in the Bitteroot valley a few days but I will be spending 3 nights North of the border. i had only planned on fishing in MT so I hadn't looked into fishing in Alberta or BC.
    You gonna be around Darby? The house used as the ranch headquarters in the show, "Yellowstone" is about 100 yards off Hwy 93 south of Darby.

Comment

Tight lines Burnadell. Let us know how you do up there when you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Tight lines Burnadell. Let us know how you do up there when you get back.
        Will do.

Heading to the San Juan in NM in July. It's been on my bucket list for a while, so I'm pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          You gonna be around Darby? The house used as the ranch headquarters in the show, "Yellowstone" is about 100 yards off Hwy 93 south of Darby.
          Yes Sir. That is where I am staying

Comment

They are still filming Yellowstone, so you may run into Kevin Costner or others. The ranch house is the Chief Joseph Ranch, a guest ranch on Appaloosa Trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Will do.

Heading to the San Juan in NM in July. It's been on my bucket list for a while, so I'm pumped!
              We will be just north of you in southern Colorado fishing July 8-15. What part of NM are you gonna be at? PM me if you don't want the whole dang world to know your secret spots lol.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                We will be just north of you in southern Colorado fishing July 8-15. What part of NM are you gonna be at? PM me if you don't want the whole dang world to know your secret spots lol.
                Cool! No secret spots. Going with a guide out of Taos Fly Shop.

We are staying at my friend's house in Angel Fire July 5-8 and at Soaring Eagle Lodge below the Navajo Dam 9, 10 and 11th, then back to Angel Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Nice bone!

Thanks!! Sucker pulled some drag!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Nice bone! I need to get back to the salt. Where we you at and who did you fish with?

PM sent!

Comment

Here is the link to my bonefish trip. Just got back and posted that big bone a few days ago. Heading to Panama to Tropic Star Lodge in 2 weeks and I'm brining my 12 wt. and some Cam Sigler flies for marlin, sailfish, mahi, tuna, etc.

Comment

Leaving for Estes Park week of July 4th with fly gear in tow. We are staying in cabin on Big Thomas river. Any good fishing here or anyone mind sharing any other places to hit up? What file patterns for that time of year? Would like to take some with me but will definitely hit up some local shops if need be.

Comment

Heading to Pagosa Springs area for 2 weeks in a few weeks. like a kid waiting for the circus to start.

Comment

Anyone carried on a large rod tube on the plane? I checked Delta's webpage and it appears any carryon has to be smaller than 24". I have seen people carrying rod tubes every time I travel on a plane onboard. My rod is a 2 piece and the tube is roughly 55" long. I just called Delta and they said I must check it. If I must check this two ways I would be better off using that money towards a 4 piece rod I can throw in my duffle.

Comment

Dang everyone is posting “I’m headed to” comments and here I am headed to the kitchen to cook Raman noodles...

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                Anyone carried on a large rod tube on the plane? I checked Delta's webpage and it appears any carryon has to be smaller than 24". I have seen people carrying rod tubes every time I travel on a plane onboard. My rod is a 2 piece and the tube is roughly 55" long. I just called Delta and they said I must check it. If I must check this two ways I would be better off using that money towards a 4 piece rod I can throw in my duffle.

I’ve seen people carry on two piece rods a few times. The flight attendants just store them in the coat closet at the front of the plane. This was on united however, never flown delta.

Comment

Working...
                                X