How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
    The white in Arkansas????? I fished there 3 days and caught one 10” rainbow.

It’s well known for GIGANTIC browns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been fly fishing for decades. When I lived in Florida it was freshwater and salt but now so far from the coast it's just fresh water.

Mostly fish the Llano river now for Guadeloupe bass, largemouth and starting to target carp and gasper as well for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        I've fished with Brock before. He's a great guide if anyone wants to fish the White
        He’s usually posting some pretty good fish! A good friend of mine is a trout bum (guide) and knows him.

I think I’m going to slip over to Norfolk and cool off this weekend. Gonna be like 91 here so wading sounds great, whether they’re biting or not!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          He’s usually posting some pretty good fish! A good friend of mine is a trout bum (guide) and knows him.

I think I’m going to slip over to Norfolk and cool off this weekend. Gonna be like 91 here so wading sounds great, whether they’re biting or not!
          That's a good spot as well Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            That's a good spot as well Good luck!
            Sure is! Only problem is that it takes me a solid hour and a half to get over there. 50 miles as the crow flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              It’s well known for GIGANTIC browns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I fished it one day in January. The eyes of my rods froze up and I had to keep putting my reel under my arm to keep it from freezing up. Hooked and lost a decent rainbow and that was it for 6 hours on the water.

Went back that September for 2 days straight and caught one wee fish on power bait in the last hour I was there. Yes, I gave up and cheated but it was after I fished until the fly line had literally wore I cut into my index finger. We packed up and went to the roaring river in Missouri and fared a little better....but not by much.

The overall problem could seriously be that I really stink at trout fishing.

Comment

AR has great trout fishing. I fished with Norfork trout dock for a few summers. Great folks and a great fishery.

Comment

Headed to Turks and Caicos Saturday, have a Bonefish and Tarpon trip lined up for Monday. Will be taking my 8wt and I just finished this 10wt build for the bigger stuff...

Paired it with the Behemoth, serious drag!

Comment

Yes, when I take folks out for the first time on the Stilt, it's like going to Disneyland when they see the water I can reach. Gin clear that they never knew existed. Other boats can't get there and wading is tough on the mud flats, but that is the most pristine backwater for fly fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
                      Yes, when I take folks out for the first time on the Stilt, it's like going to Disneyland when they see the water I can reach. Gin clear that they never knew existed. Other boats can't get there and wading is tough on the mud flats, but that is the most pristine backwater for fly fishing.

Agreed 100% do you know anything about the curlew? If I were to get into a new water it would be the curlew just because it’s a more stable boat than the stilt with younger kids

Comment

Curlews are great too.
                        Captain Sally Black had one and said it poled great and went as skinny as the Stilt.
                        I agree with you on the Stilt, it is a 2 person boat.
                        I always catch more fish with 2 vs. 3 on my boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          Big brown that a guy I follow caught up here on the White. 34” with 24” girth. BEAST!
                          Brock and his wife are from Longview and came to one of our club meetings a few years ago. I need to get up there and fish with him!

Comment

I was recently given a Cabela's fly rod package for a birthday gift. Any recommendations for getting started in fly fishing? I know it most likely isn't a great rod but I guess it is something to start with. Live in the Fort Worth area.
                            Last edited by RShockley; 05-30-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                              I was recently given a Cabela's fly rod package for a birthday gift. Any recommendations for getting started in fly fishing? I know it most likely isn't a great rod but I guess it is something to start with.
                              Check out the Orvis online videos... they are really good.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                I was recently given a Cabela's fly rod package for a birthday gift. Any recommendations for getting started in fly fishing? I know it most likely isn't a great rod but I guess it is something to start with. Live in the Fort Worth area.
                                Join a local club. You'll find folks who will help you learn. Buy some flies and go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X