How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Does anyone have some bass fly suggestions? I’m going to start buying thing little by little, any good online retail stores?
    Google "Boogle Poppers". You can buy 'em on Amazon and they come in all sizes and shapes. Very good little bass bugs and we've caught a bunch on them. Sometimes you can find seconds for less money as well. I really like them. Here's a nice smallmouth I caught on a black Boogle popper last weekend.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Google "Boogle Poppers". You can buy 'em on Amazon and they come in all sizes and shapes. Very good little bass bugs and we've caught a bunch on them. Sometimes you can find seconds for less money as well. I really like them. Here's a nice smallmouth I caught on a black Boogle popper last weekend.
      Nice! Where was that at?

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
        I bow hunt and fly fish, in both cases, 95% of the time. I heard, read, or found a quote someplace as to why. In both cases "you are making a conscious decision to make it harder than it needs to be." That's why we do it. After awhile, popping deer at 100 yards with a rifle and reeling in bass with a huge mechanical advantage gets a little old.
        This is exactly why I’m getting into fly fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Nice! Where was that at?
          Upper Mountain Fork river in SE Oklahoma. Great little river for fly fishing. Lots of smallmouth, largemouth and goggle eyes that will straight hammer your popping bug.

Comment

I have been fly fishing for about 10 years.

Comment

Anyone have a good diy tapered leader size ideas?

Comment

TTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After setting up a few feeders and fed pens, we got the fly rods out yesterday.

Comment

We fished Saturday. It was tough. Caught a few rainbows and that’s it. Still great scenery and great company. Had an awesome weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                      Anyone have a good diy tapered leader size ideas?

For what Application/ line weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        After setting up a few feeders and fed pens, we got the fly rods out yesterday.

Very nice Shane. What river/creek is that?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          Very nice Shane. What river/creek is that?
                          Pedernales

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            For what Application/ line weight?

I found a few formulas on YouTube. It was 5wt all purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                              I bow hunt and fly fish, in both cases, 95% of the time. I heard, read, or found a quote someplace as to why. In both cases "you are making a conscious decision to make it harder than it needs to be." That's why we do it. After awhile, popping deer at 100 yards with a rifle and reeling in bass with a huge mechanical advantage gets a little old.
                              Exactly why I do it. Fooling a fish with a fly I made myself is way more rewarding than reeling one in on something I bought.

Comment

I finally got tapa talk reinstalled so I can start posting pictures again. Did a little urban angling with the boys this weekend. Not too bad for city fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X