No announcement yet.

What dog food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the input from a vet. Every side in the grain/no grain debate is trying to protect their own market share so it is tough to find real unbiased data on this stuff.

Comment

Pretty simple. Wild canines do not eat grain.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I disagree. Wild canines are omnivores. They are not obligate carnivores like felines.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Seems pretty simple to me as well. I have been going the no grain route for a while and my dogs seem to do better. Definitely easier cleanup in the backyard. Some of my field trial buddies with super dogs swear by pro-plan and think the whole no grain thing is a bunch of marketing bull. (Maybe a coincidence but Purina is a huge sponsor in the field trial world and a lot of those folks will defend them to the death). Seems like every study I see is biased one way or the other depending on what kind of product they are trying to sell.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the legal fight going on between Purina and Blue Buffalo.

Two pet food companies, Blue Buffalo and Purina, have entered into a dog fight, accusing each other of false advertising and defamation.

Comment

Lol.....this cracks me up!!!!!

Comment

I feed both of mine Beneful most of the time. If I see a better dog food on sale, I will treat them to it. If money was no object, Science Diet would be my go to food for them.

Comment

Feed what your dog does well on.......a lot of dogs do well on food that contain protein/corn in the food and some don't........... I just find it hilarious that we have these discussions about dog food ....when people in general eat sooo many unhealthy things ( with the so called "no nutritional value")

Comment

Science Diet Sensitive Stomach as mine had intestinal problems at 1.5...she's healthy as can be but anything else I've ever tried messes with her.

Tried pro-plan for a little while but I didn't like her reaction to it. Every dog is different and everyone has a different opinion on everything. My dog gets the best of everything for her, to try and insure that she is in the field with me as long as possible!
                  Last edited by Kmart49; 12-30-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

What dog food?

I feed both my beagles 4Health from Tractor Supply, they seem to love it and it's priced right. If there good and I feel like giving them a treat then I give them a can of the 4health "Stew" and they absolutely love that.

And 4Health is private branded for TSC, it made by Diamond
                    Last edited by Chief; 12-30-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

This, 4healthâ„¢ Lamb & Rice Formula for Adult Dogs.
                      Tractor Supply Co. is the source for farm supplies, pet and animal feed and supplies, clothing, tools, fencing, and so much more. Buy online and pick up in store is available at most locations. Tractor Supply Co. is your source for the Life Out Here lifestyle!

My daughter and I both buy this, total of 8 assorted breed dogs and all are doing very good health wise.

Comment

Dr. Roger writes about the troubling trend of dog owners determined to feed their dogs diets too heavy in protein based on the false notion that dogs are pure carnivores.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadside View Post
                          Feed what your dog does well on.......a lot of dogs do well on food that contain protein/corn in the food and some don't........... I just find it hilarious that we have these discussions about dog food ....when people in general eat sooo many unhealthy things ( with the so called "no nutritional value")
                          I heard one time that all the fad diets were crap, and I agree. If you eat what you are made to eat(meats, fruits and vegetables) you will be healthy and the correct weight. Have you ever seen a fat, out of shape wild animal?

Comment

We switched from Science Diet to Natures Recipe for my Lacy. He had flat refused to eat for several days and we tried this stuff and he's back at it.

I too have heard the info on the grains thing. Grains aren't terribly great for humans, long term, so I can't see them being great for dogs either. Wolves don't eat corn.

Comment

What is good for one dog is not always good for all dogs .......whether it is food .....discipline....training......etc

Comment

Pro Plan Sport for my Lab

Comment

Working...
                                X