Running dogs for hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bone View Post
    Please explain how that would prove anything. What if he cut the catch dog lose on a bay next door and the bay broke before the catch dog got there? Catch dog ended up on your place and he had to retrieve it. No proof at all.

I killed the biggest deer of my life this year at a feeder that the hogs were dominating. I ran my dogs through there once a week until the hogs stayed out. Once the hogs were off the feeder he would come in like clock work. As soon as the hogs started coming back he would disappear and I would run the dogs through there again until the hogs were out of the area. So the argument that "hog dogs" run the deer out of the area is bull *****!!! Dogs chasing deer are not "hog dogs"!! My buck scored just over 160 by the way and was 5 1/2 yrs old.
    I may not have worded it correctly. Catch dog was on the leash walking with several hunters obviously heading towards the bay dogs. Mind you they were in the middle of about 1500 acres that they had no business on, or on the addition 1000 or so acres surrounding us. Judge sure accepted the pictures on 3 different cameras.

Bottom line regardless if even the bay dogs were on our property they ran a super long ways, across multiple properties they had no business on. Here within lies the problem. If you cant keep your dogs on the property you have permission to hunt. Stop hunting in areas where you can't control where your dogs go. Most in my experience will keep hunting just like these guys did. At the very least, put your catch dog up, and actually be in a position to where you are actually ONLY retrieving your dogs. There actually should be laws that guarantee the dog owner can retrieve his dogs, but only after he has written permission from the landowner to do so.
    Last edited by dbaio1; 03-09-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Anyone remember that tbh member M16 caught on his place? That about sums it up.

My personal experience and advice from the game warden was to have the arresting officer turn the case over to the game warden ASAP even if the warden is not present at the time of the arrest the officer can detain and hold until the game warden shows up to take over proper prosecution. Do not call anyone unless you are ready and willing to press charges.

Comment

Originally posted by rbwilkes View Post
        This. Lol
        I agree to a point, I think the ratio is more like 75% do it right, there are a more than we like to admit that are just flat out outlaw poachers and just don't care. Mind you, I'm a fan of hunting with hogs dogs. I invite guys with hog dogs on our place a few times a year. But we never, ever step one foot on land we do not have permission to be on. EVER ! And there are a few properties that if the dogs did get that far over, we'd shut down post positions surrounding said property to see if the dogs exited and waited until we had permission from the landowner to retrieve the dogs. And we dang sure won't be walking in the catch dog and looking just like we are hunting. Cause guess what, if you look like your hunting. You are. That's a judges quote.

Comment

Comment

Really?! Lmao

Comment

Hog dodging

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Hog dodging
                Ya know, I've been wonderin'....

Would there be a market for miniature weenie-dogs for bay dogs in the miniature pig market ? Maybe Min-pins for catch dogs ??

Comment

Working...
                X